Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mrs Mangel from Neighbours - RIP

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Growing up in the 1980's, this is another legend of childhood gone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36922414

_90557299_gray2_bodyfreemantle.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
https://youtu.be/qgTpdIhM1sA

Memories if going home from school at lunch before the Beeb put on the tea time slot!!

I can remember before it got moved to tea time, whenever someone was off sick from school, they got interrogated on their return as to what happened on Neighbours etc. :lolol:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Thems were the best days on Neighbours - Scott, Charlene, Bouncer, Daphne, Mark Little (ex Brighton resident!), Madge, Harold. The days when they had proper characters. Used to love it, home from school and a bit of Neighbours.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Moved to Oz in 1952, long time ago

From the Argus:

"The star, who was living in Shoreham, landed her most famous role, as busybody Mrs Mangel in Neighbours, in 1986.

The actress became an overnight star in the soap but her role was so convincing that she received abuse from viewers, and decided to leave Neighbours after two years.

Gray is said to have moved back to West Sussex after leaving Neighbours."

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Do you remember the episode where Daphne died? She woke up from the coma just to say goodbye to Des before passing away....................It brings a tear to my eye even now after all these years.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Do you remember the episode where Daphne died? She woke up from the coma just to say goodbye to Des before passing away....................It brings a tear to my eye even now after all these years.

Des was batting above his average there.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Des was batting above his average there.

Definitely. Back in the day, Neighbours was essential viewing when [MENTION=22473]mac04[/MENTION] and I used to go back to a mate's house at lunch break when we were at Worthing Sixth Form College. I'm pretty sure that Daphne also has the unusual record of have given birth on a TV show whilst still wearing tights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here