Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal vows to 'respect' the 12 months left on his contract

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Kayal told The Argus: "I have one year left on my contract and I need to respect it, to enjoy the moment, to do everything I can for the club because the club has given me everything.
"Everyone knows in football you never know about the future but at the moment I'm a Brighton and Hove Albion player, I'm happy here. We'll see but I'm happy to stay here."

Seems fair enough, hopefully when we're top at Christmas he'll sign the new deal!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Keeping his options open. If we don't go up, he can cash in on a free transfer and get a nice chunky signing on fee. If we do go up, he can benefit from a juicy new contract, or cash in on a free transfer and get a nice chunky signing on fee.

I'd do the same.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
firstly, thats fine, thats what contracts are. secondly, he could be either haggling over money or waiting to see where the future lies before committing. at 28 the next contract he gets is likly the high point of his career. lets hope we're top and he commits in January.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we get to the end of this window and no decent offers have come in for him I think he will sign a new deal

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No problem with that. If we don't go up, he'll leave, I guess. Fair enough.

Let's hope we go up (or at least be so far out in front in January that he signs a new deal anyway)!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough.

This is why I think we need to go for it this season. We already have some great players, playing with a system they know with an excellent manager. I think we should be spending big money to bring in a very high quality striker, and backup in central midfield.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's just hedging his bets. Fair enough, at least he's being honest.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Interesting. If he has indicated that he doesn't want to sign a contract the club has a difficult decision on its hands. Maximise sale value now or run the risk of getting nothing next summer.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interesting. If he has indicated that he doesn't want to sign a contract the club has a difficult decision on its hands. Maximise sale value now or run the risk of getting nothing next summer.

If he proves to be a pivotal player again this season and we get promotion £100M+ will be better than a couple of million now

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not a problem with this. At the end of the day he cost is 300k. If he is playing for us this year and is injury free our chances of promotion are much greater. If we go up he will most likely sign a new contract, if we don't and he gets a better offer from the PL he will leave and that's fair enough.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If he proves to be a pivotal player again this season and we get promotion £100M+ will be better than a couple of million now

I agree wholeheartedly however the board may see it as a gamble to risk losing a saleable asset for nothing whereas they could recoup 5 million tomorrow, that 5 million then goes down to about a million in January.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Put him in with the 'stiffs' that will concentrate his mind on his new offer!

But seriously as Easy 10 has said, he's looking after No.1 (nerve wracking for us fans, but understandable from his income point of view)

If he's good to his word, then it's the duty of the club to make sure players like him want to stay.. fingers crossed..so far it's working out just fine!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At least we know he won't "do a Bridcutt", and just down tools and SULK.

Exactly. I don't blame Kayal one bit.

And yes we really do need to go for it this season and yes we do need to start signing some ****ing players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here