Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currently NO TRAINS for the Colchester or Forest games

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its just come up on the SASTA thread, but buried right down on page 2,455 or something. Anyway, its fairly important news, so I thought it probably deserved bringing to the classes attention...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1464...ductors_announce_plans_for_a_FIVE_day_strike/

CONDUCTORS on Southern Railway will walk out on strike for five days in a row over the future of their roles.

Members of the RMT Union will strike from 0001 on Monday August 8th to 2359 on Friday August 12th.

It follows proposals from Govia Thameslink Railway, the company which owns Southern, to change the role of the conductor which will remove the responsibility of closing the doors of the train.

Get ready for the two smallest attendences ever at the AMEX then...

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
i think we should organise a massive bike train or group walk . Would build up a good atmosphere pre match .

Will be difficult for those working until 5 to get there though

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
On the last strike, services finished at about 18:00-1830. There will be NO trains for these matches as they kick off at 19:45.

That's not no trains still (but I didn't know that). We'll have to see what Southern say I guess.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Unfortunately all that bollocks about 'sustainable transport'* we had to go along with in order to get the stadium is now coming back to bite us on the bum. It's great that rail plays such an important role in getting people to the stadium, but car use was pushed way too far down. The club will regret rolling over so easily when it came to residents' parking in Coldean.

*An example: Driving, parking and getting on a fleet of fuel-guzzling, fume-belching buses = good. Driving, parking and walking = very very bad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]

700 bus for YOU as long as you don't UPSET the driver again

:lolol:

I'm already RESIGNED to the 700 + bendy bus for most of the season now.

Hopefully that driver won't remember my FACE.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My son uses trains everyday for work. He swears that they run better and more punctually on strike days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was still umming and erring about going to the Colchester game, quite fancied sitting somewhere else in the ground for a change, but this has obviously made the decision for me now. No way.

As for the Forest game...if its a nice evening, I might knock off work early, drive home to Portslade, and walk. Not sure about getting back though, probably a case of walking to Lewes Road and bussing from there, or using a P&R bus to get to Mithras and bussing from there. The P&R is going to be absolutely bursting at the seams though.

Looks like we're all going to have to get used to a bit of IMPROVISATION for our Amex journies for the foreseeable doesn't it.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
So that's my plan of going to the Test Match at the Oval then hopping on a train to get to the Amex screwed completely thanks to Govia and the RMT ! what a ****ing shower !

Yoda

English & European
How about everyone turn up at stations within the travel zone and demand Southern get Taxi's for us? After all, the club have paid them for a service already.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How quickly can we build a MONORAIL?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here