Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Byron Burger - illegal workers

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Did I say they had no skills? My forefathers were Navigational Engineers, or Navvies as you may know them. England needed them desperately, they had the skills and the willing to do the work, English folks didn't. Hard graft but skill involved.

I think it may be you getting muddled. My stance is simple: YES to people with skills and training we need, NO to people who just come here to do unskilled menial jobs that school leavers or our unemployed can do.

Easy peasy lemons are squeezy, knickers are cheesy, It's getting breezy, Don't need no Japaneezy.

You did not say they had no skills, admittedly, hence my use of the word presumably. So they were navvies, were they? with no real skills at all, other than digging, as I thought. Fascinating views for someone who says they have leftie leanings -we will take anyone who can help us, but if you are unskilled, then hop off. And then tell us that you abhor any scorn of those who are simply trying to better themselves.
Come on -be honest; you are just having a laugh, and doing your utmost to wind people up with these muddled meanderings.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Those not belonging to our OwN will be removed, those questioning who our OWN are will be the ones taken out and hung.

Hanged. It is hanged. :lolol:

Or perhaps you mean 'well hung'? :wave:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
There is a lot of hysterical and ill informed stuff on this thread. It matters not who supplies illegal workers with false documents, those who present them know that they are not genuine and that they themselves are not who they purport to be, and they know full well that they run the risk of being found out. If caught, they know they will be deported and all the bleating in the world won't stop that happening. The laws are framed to protect the working rights of those here legitimately. I worked in the Immigration Service for 35 years and know whereof I write.

If you did you know we administratively remove illegals not deport them....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You did not say they had no skills, admittedly, hence my use of the word presumably. So they were navvies, were they? with no real skills at all, other than digging, as I thought. Fascinating views for someone who says they have leftie leanings -we will take anyone who can help us, but if you are unskilled, then hop off. And then tell us that you abhor any scorn of those who are simply trying to better themselves.
Come on -be honest; you are just having a laugh, and doing your utmost to wind people up with these muddled meanderings.

You have comprehensively misunderstood every one of my posts on this subject. Just because you have muddled up what I have said it doesn't mean that my posts are muddled. Good effort though, I applaud that.

As a point of fact , Navvies, although largely concerned with picks and shovels had skills such as knowing how to set explosives, geo-surveying, ground levelling and track projection and before rail knew how to set canals and waterways.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You have comprehensively misunderstood every one of my posts on this subject. Just because you have muddled up what I have said it doesn't mean that my posts are muddled. Good effort though, I applaud that.

Comes with the territory with HG, Sadly. once you have explained and reexplained your points a few times it tends to get a bit tiresome.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

As a point of fact , Navvies, although largely concerned with picks and shovels had skills such as knowing how to set explosives, geo-surveying, ground levelling and track projection and before rail knew how to set canals and waterways.

That may or may not be true on an individual basis, but the impression you were attempting to give was that your ancestors were highly qualified people, who did not deserve to be spat at . .And they were not such, were they?

And of course you have unsurprisingly ignored the point about your leftie hypocrisy - come in if you have a skill, but if not, hop off - scorn, would you not admit? Should not that attitude have prevailed in the 1850s? But then that is different isn't it -because they were your relatives.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Comes with the territory with HG, Sadly. once you have explained and reexplained your points a few times it tends to get a bit tiresome.

I see our arch hypocrite from OS, who says that he never comments on anything to do with Britain, is true to form. I did not reply to your last post, as I found it all so confusing, which probably explains why in the past you have to claimed to several posters that they have misunderstood you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Agreed. I've genuinely lost the thread of what he is banging on about. He strikes me as one of those that when they don't understand something they blame what they don't understand. Similar to a 5 yr old screwing up his homework and saying "stupid maths!!" Roll on next weekend is all I can say! :clap2:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agreed. I've genuinely lost the thread of what he is banging on about. He strikes me as one of those that when they don't understand something they blame what they don't understand. Similar to a 5 yr old screwing up his homework and saying "stupid maths!!" Roll on next weekend is all I can say! :clap2:

Yep, he is best avoided imo. I think it is easier to 'win' a discussion when you address the points you would like to have been made rather than the ones actually made.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here