Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC Hardware Repairs in Brighton?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
My primary laptop's power connection has been dodgy for months, and is now threatening to give up the ghost. Standard fault: power light glows intermittently, but will go off if the cable gets moved . Rotating the plug usually fixes it for a while, but looks like the internal connection to the motherboard is faulty.

Could be a DIY job, but I'd much rather take it to a reliable local hardware repairer. Your recommendations, please?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
There's a PC repair place on Blatchington Road in Hove up towards the Sackville Road end on the opposite side of the road to the Co-op which I've used before when I've needed any laptop repairs. Pretty good turnaround time as a rule.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There's a PC repair place on Blatchington Road in Hove up towards the Sackville Road end on the opposite side of the road to the Co-op which I've used before when I've needed any laptop repairs. Pretty good turnaround time as a rule.

Yep, they've been very fair with me ..... and when they've fixed something, it's worked.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've used the Laptop Hut in English Close ( opposite the Halfords Service Centre ) before and they were excellent. They even do free pick up and drop back if you are in a certain area.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cheers for that suggestion.
Any others people have used, and would trust ?

Yes, very good! Here are the relevant details..

rhc.jpg

Attachments

• rharding.jpg
    rharding.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 211

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
True, he's good. And we've used them before. But they declare themselves (see ad above) as solely Apple.

I think there's some confusion here.

The place I was referring to wasn't Robert Harding. It is called Southern Technology. They have a flat rate of £39 for repairs, but like Carden Computers, they don't charge if they can't fix the problem.

When I had a problem with my previous laptop (a Packard Bell), I went to Carden first, but they couldn't fix the problem as they said they couldn't get the relevant part that was needed. However, I then went to Southern and they got it all fixed within 48 hours. Great service.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here