Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday lunch in Lewes

Where's good for Sunday lunch in Lewes these days? Ideally walking distance from the station as we are going to the Amex but if necessary we can drive. Kings Head in Southover, is that still a good place?

What about the Swan at Falmer, do they do Sunday lunches? I haven't been there since way before the Amex opened.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Where's good for Sunday lunch in Lewes these days? Ideally walking distance from the station as we are going to the Amex but if necessary we can drive. Kings Head in Southover, is that still a good place?

What about the Swan at Falmer, do they do Sunday lunches? I haven't been there since way before the Amex opened.

The Swan in Southover Street, Lewes is recommended. About 10 min walk from Lewes station. Worth booking though.
Lovely roast dinners on a sunday and a good pint.
https://www.harveys.org.uk/pubs/the-swan/

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We go to The Lewes Arms regularly for Sunday lunch. Good choice on the menu - most people have the roasts but other meals are available. Harveys always on - plus guest beers for those who don't like Lewes's finest. The staff are always friendly and it's generally not a hassle getting a table.

I've also heard The Swan at Southover is decent but not been there personally

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Swan at Southover is really good. Think I've had all the meats (not at once) and all are lovely. The beef especially is good.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Swan,further up from the kings head,up southover high street about a slow 8 minute walk (from kings head)...or The real eating company or bills in cliffe high street..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Two food pubs are anchor in ringmer also the green man - of course driving involved--.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
I've heard mixed things about The Real Eating Company (the name's stupid though) but Bills is for tiresome middle class wankers that have heard the name and don't know any better. Truly jumped the shark.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Big up for the Black Horse too. Great beer and good food. Also has a bus stop up the road straight to Falmer.

Pelham Arms down from St Anne's Church imho is trading on past glories and is not that great (and overpriced)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Big up for the Black Horse too. Great beer and good food. Also has a bus stop up the road straight to Falmer.

Pelham Arms down from St Anne's Church imho is trading on past glories and is not that great (and overpriced)
Big up , Big up ? And you have the temerity to talk about tiresome middle class wankers in your previous post :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Another recommendation for The Swan at Southover, does a lovely roast.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon there's a major killing to be made for the first pub to offer full-on sunday lunches on days other than sunday. Sort of sunday lunch equivalent of the all-day breakfast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here