Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Headphones that adapt to your unique ear print.

Jul 7, 2016
The two basic precepts of the audio industry are that we all hear exactly the same, and that we all hear perfectly and we all know that's biologically untrue.

Now an Israeli tech start up company has developed a headphone that administers a test upon first use, measuring how sensitive people are to eight different frequencies. After this test it can figure out where some people have natural deficiencies or even slight hearing loss and pump the audio through an algorithm to compensate for it, leading to a richer sound for the user.

Clever stuff. They hope to market in the next 12 months. The headphone will be called Even headphones.

anyone else heard of any cool new tech ideas recently ?

And before any one asks, No I'm not connected to the tech firm in any way, I wish I was as clever as a lot of these start ups !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
sumerian-wheel.jpg

:D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Should that job be done by your receiver, rather than speakers?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
There is an app called Mimi hearing test and Mimi music which does a similar thing, but with the headphones you already have. Take the test, import the results into the music app and it will adjust the EQ based on your ear print. Clever stuff.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I have Bose noise cancelling headphones and a Topping X-1 mini amplifier attached to the back of my phone to boost the sound. The equaliser on my music app seems to do the trick nicely and there's a gain switch on the amp.
Might give that Mimi app a try though.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sounds good ( no pun intended)
A simpler and very helpful innovation would be headphones that were adjustable to the size of your head ,or ears if "in ear" type. Am I the only fat head who feels that his head is in a vice with most cup headphones? The small ones fall out of my ears.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Being an old fogey I simply use Bose Noise Cancelling and play music from my phone using VLC rather than the proprietary app. Much wider choice of graphic eq. settings and good enough for me.

A good clear out with olive oil now and again should help your frequency sensitivity.

loud-headphones-listening.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so it takes the carefully constructed recording of artist, sound engineer and producer, then runs an algorithm to bork this up to suit an individual? i jest in part, we've been doing it for decades with eq, but does sound like a solution looking for a problem that's probably not there except a few with extreme sensitivities.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:tumble:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here