Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minibus hire help PLEASE!!!!!!! Do you own or have access to one???

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm due to go on my stag do on Friday for the weekend with 10 mates.

I was hiring a minibus from a local youth group for the weekend but they've just phoned me to tell me that it's broken down and there is zero chance of it being back on the road in time.

As you can imagine this has left me up a creek without any paddles.

Do any of you fine gents and ladies know of one I can hire this weekend or do you even own or have access to one that I could use at short notice, we will get the proper insurances and most of us all have the right license privileges to drive it.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'm fooked.

Please help a fellow fan out....

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Bit of a :bounce:

Or does anyone know anyone with one or a decently priced one available?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Choice Van Rental are cheap. Minibus will be a bit beaten up which is handy as they never check for more scratches. £200 Friday to Monday morning.
BUT please take a sober driver. I see stag do's every week where they are still stoned Sunday and 10 guys get in a bus and drive off. Wouldn't want a Bride left at the alter.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Middle Earth minibus, think they'll be on facebook

Ask for Roger

No idea if they're available or the price, but he's a really nice guy (kiwi)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I would sooner chop off my knob then lend a minibus (if I had one) to a stag group.

TB

Thanks extremely helpful. Thankyou.
Choice Van Rental are cheap. Minibus will be a bit beaten up which is handy as they never check for more scratches. £200 Friday to Monday morning.
BUT please take a sober driver. I see stag do's every week where they are still stoned Sunday and 10 guys get in a bus and drive off. Wouldn't want a Bride left at the alter.

We have a sober driver, I wouldn't have it any other way, all the plans and pick ups in place, just no bloody bus. Choice rentals seem to be cheapest I'm just hoping they have availability.

Middle Earth minibus, think they'll be on facebook

Ask for Roger

No idea if they're available or the price, but he's a really nice guy (kiwi)

I've made contact via Facebook. Just waiting to hear back. It's too late in the day to really do anything about it now...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Good luck with Choice. You get what you pay for, and you don't pay very much at Choice(other rental firms are available)
However, enjoy and good luck!!

I'm not keen on choice. Everything was planned and budgeted for. It's going to be a bit harsh to tell everyone it costs x amount and suddenly put the price up by another £20 or so. But now I have no option, the cheaper the better.

We rent from schools for our running events usually - have you tried your local ones ?

Someone else mentioned that. The news was sprung on me at 6.30 this evening so too late to start phoning companies and schools, youth groups etc.

I've spent the evening making a list of schools, groups and mini bus companies so will be busy making phone calls tomorrow morning instead of working.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'm not keen on choice. Everything was planned and budgeted for. It's going to be a bit harsh to tell everyone it costs x amount and suddenly put the price up by another £20 or so. But now I have no option, the cheaper the better.

Someone else mentioned that. The news was sprung on me at 6.30 this evening so too late to start phoning companies and schools, youth groups etc.

I've spent the evening making a list of schools, groups and mini bus companies so will be busy making phone calls tomorrow morning instead of working.
If you're staying in the Bn postcode the Choice should be ok. Any further and I'd put your hand in you pocket and pay for better. Enterprises do some decent deals. You'll have grumpy mates if youre stuck on the hard shoulder waiting for an AA van

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I know we've used Oakmeeds Community College and Burgess Hill School for Girls minibuses in the past (the latter have several), and they worked out a lot cheaper than a hire firm. Good luck.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
A retired colleague of mine has a 16 seater that he lends out in return for a donation to Help for Heroes. Check out Buttlebus tours on Facebook or just Google Roger Buttle.
Good luck!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think my minibus is rather fun and a cracking good toy.

shopping

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here