Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tips for moving abroad

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I voted EXIT and now I'm going to leave the UK and set up in Spain, any tips?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Do it........ other than that sorry not much.

How old are you and will you be working? Both important factors I think. If young things like partner and family come into it more.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Do it........ other than that sorry not much.

How old are you and will you be working? Both important factors I think. If young things like partner and family come into it more.

I'm just over 50, but I will be working, hopefully find a company that I can work from home. But Gibraltar isn't far and they house all the big gambling companies and I have been tapped up a few times to work there doing web development. No kids, so all safe!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Book up flights for the Albion games well in advance to get the best deals, and pray that Sky don't change the dates.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm just over 50, but I will be working, hopefully find a company that I can work from home. But Gibraltar isn't far and they house all the big gambling companies and I have been tapped up a few times to work there doing web development. No kids, so all safe!

Good luck Nomad you seem to be swerving the mid-life crisis :eek:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
resue remedy and factor 5 suncream for the CATS

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They are a Maine Coone and a Siberian Glas, they will not like it, but I will only get a place with AC.

ITS THE SUN YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT
cream on the ears and nose and a little r/r on the ear tips
and good luck

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I voted EXIT and now I'm going to leave the UK and set up in Spain, any tips?

Given you voted ''Exit'' - I would renew your European Health Insurance card to get the longest Expiry date you can on the card. After all, once we do leave we don't know if it will be valid at all.

Then as soon as you have lived in Spain long enough and paid enough NIC over there, apply for a new one through Spanish Authorities

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Not 100% certain Spanish companies will be employing UK people as free movement may be affected by the exit vote.:(

So Gib may be what you will have to do.

Good luck though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here