Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Kitchen cupboard doors

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Has anyone ever just changed their cupboard doors to give the kitchen a new look. Was it easy to get replacements or door they need to be made?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Has anyone ever just changed their cupboard doors to give the kitchen a new look. Was it easy to get replacements or door they need to be made?

There's plenty of places that do replacement doors - I know of one in Rowlands Road. They are standard as units are standard dimensions.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I got a company out to give me a quote as it seemed a shame to dismantle the well built solid units already in place. £6500 to include a few 'side' panels and a couple of other bits. Ikea was cheaper to buy a whole new kitchen. Right now though, everything is as it was.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Re-new do a good job but sourcing yourself is cheaper

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Depends if you can live with new doors and old side panels. Very easy to source new doors & get them drilled to suit your current carcasses, problems will arise if you also want to change your panels to match as well. If you're thinking about changing the kickboards as well then it's probably time to think "Sod it" and shell out for a whole new kitchen.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
As others have said, it should be very easy to source doors and draw fronts as long as you don't have any custom size units. New plinth is also fairly straightforward if you want to change that too.

My father owned kitchen shops for decades and hundreds of customers went doors-only.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why don't you just re-paint them and change the handles?

Would completely RE-VITALISE the look of your kitchen and make it look like you've got new units.

#toptips

Alternatively, think about the planet, and just use some good old fashioned elbow grease to give them a good clean from top to bottom. Gives an enormous sense of satisfaction when it is all done.

#crappiertips

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Smiley Miley

Jan 16, 2015
Felpham
Why don't you just re-paint them and change the handles?

Would completely RE-VITALISE the look of your kitchen and make it look like you've got new units.

#toptips

This is what I done, totally new look and brighter Cupboard paint £25 from B & Q, instead of £1500 for new doors...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Don't go to that merchant that advertises in the Sunday Magazines(Direct up North)
I fitted a complete kitchen/worktops/tiling for LESS than they quoted just to change the doors.
My dopey sister paid them up front as well ffsake!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here