Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKY to show the Chinese "Super" League

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Who needs Champions League coverage eh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mes-Chinese-Super-League-three-year-deal.html

The rise of football in China continues after Sky Sports announced a deal to screen Chinese Super League matches live. Clubs in the Far East have been splashing the cash in recent months, as they bid to attract the world's top players, and they appear to have made TV bigwigs in the UK take notice.

Sky have secured the rights to broadcast matches for the next three years, starting almost immediately with the visit of Jiangsu Suning to Shanghai Shenhua on Saturday. The agreement gives English football fans the chance to see some familiar names in action, including the likes of Graziano Pelle and Ramires, who only recently relocated from the Premier League.

Super League clubs spent more money on transfers during the last window than their English top-flight counterparts, with their collective £208million outlay dwarfing the £127m in the Premier League. So far in the current window, Pelle has been lured from Southampton to Shandong Luneng by a contract worth an astonishing £13.5m a year, while Hulk has moved from Zenit St Petersburg to Shanghai SIPG for £46m to earn £340,000 a week.

A cluster of stars who previously plied their trade in Europe, including Alex Teixeira, Jackson Martinez, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Papiss Cisse, Gervinho, Kemi Agustien, Asamoah Gyan and Demba Ba have also been tempted to China by the extraordinary money on offer, while President Xi Jinping is supporting plans to make his country a football superpower. The Chinese Super League began in March and runs until November, with 16 teams involved in the competition.

Sky Commercial Director Rick Splendour said "We are delighted to have secured exclusive broadcast rights of the CSL for our UK subscribers, adding this to our exciting overseas portfolio of MSL and Eredivisie soccer coverage. Now on any given week, our customers can tune in to watch our exclusive live coverage of the Pepsi Boston Arsehats vs the Massachusett YeeHaws, followed by Haagen Daasz vs FC Go Ahead Beagles, and all rounded off by Guangzhou Dimsum R&F vs Hebei China Fortune Cookies 2nd XI. And all for 90 bob a month. I mean come on".

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can't wait Saturday 12.30 Sky Sports 3, and a new betting opportunity of what are the combined weekly wages of each starting 11.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sky Commercial Director Rick Splendour said "We are delighted to have secured exclusive broadcast rights of the CSL for our UK subscribers, adding this to our exciting overseas portfolio of MSL and Eredivisie soccer coverage. Now on any given week, our customers can tune in to watch our exclusive live coverage of the Pepsi Boston Arsehats vs the Massachusett YeeHaws, followed by Haagen Daasz vs FC Go Ahead Beagles, and all rounded off by Guangzhou Dimsum R&F vs Hebei China Fortune Cookies 2nd XI. And all for 90 bob a month. I mean come on".[/I]

:lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A cluster of stars who previously plied their trade in Europe, including Alex Teixeira, Jackson Martinez, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Papiss Cisse, Gervinho, Kemi Agustien, Asamoah Gyan and Demba Ba have also been tempted to China by the extraordinary money on offer, while President Xi Jinping is supporting plans to make his country a football superpower.
:lol:

Sky Commercial Director Rick Splendour said "We are delighted to have secured exclusive broadcast rights of the CSL for our UK subscribers, adding this to our exciting overseas portfolio of MSL and Eredivisie soccer coverage. Now on any given week, our customers can tune in to watch our exclusive live coverage of the Pepsi Boston Arsehats vs the Massachusett YeeHaws, followed by Haagen Daasz vs FC Go Ahead Beagles, and all rounded off by Guangzhou Dimsum R&F vs Hebei China Fortune Cookies 2nd XI. And all for 90 bob a month. I mean come on".
:lol:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I was in a business trip in Beijing about three years and was having a beer in the hotel bar early evening, when a game came on the tv.

The standard was abysmal. Drogba was playing and he was the best player on the pitch by so much it was ridiculous. He took all corners and free kicks whilst the team tactic was to just give him the ball. I can see why he jacked it in and went back to Chelsea even allowing for the fortune he was earning.

Wonder if its improved? I think they have a long way to go.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great, so the Kingdong Riders vs. Superwang Titans. Is that on Sky Sport Channel 405 or Gay TV Channel 923?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Coincidence that this has been announced the day after the Manchester derby was called off because of a crap pitch in China?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Sky Commercial Director Rick Splendour said "We are delighted to have secured exclusive broadcast rights of the CSL for our UK subscribers, adding this to our exciting overseas portfolio of MSL and Eredivisie soccer coverage. Now on any given week, our customers can tune in to watch our exclusive live coverage of the Pepsi Boston Arsehats vs the Massachusett YeeHaws, followed by Haagen Daasz vs FC Go Ahead Beagles, and all rounded off by Guangzhou Dimsum R&F vs Hebei China Fortune Cookies 2nd XI. And all for 90 bob a month. I mean come on"

:lolol::lolol:lolol

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here