Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton not the best manager in the Football League say Four Four Two

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
he's a respectful 3rd apparently.
Not sure i'd have put him behind #2 either.

full list : http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/10-best-managers-football-league

fourfourtwohughton.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To the unaware, who are positioned 1 and 2? My guess is that they might plump for at least one of the two Champions League winners, with Pearson as the other alternative.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So good in fact he got us relegated last season...

...oh wait.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
1 = Benitiez (Newcastle)
2 = Pearson (Derby)

Pearson is fair enough i suppose, been here and done it. Benitiez is classic assumption of suitability based on a different league.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pearson is fair enough i suppose, been here and done it. Benitiez is classic assumption of suitability based on a different league.

I agree, but I think (annoyingly) the quality of the squad, plus the money they have to spend will make then appear to be correct, as Newcastle will go straight back up, probably as champions.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To the unaware, who are positioned 1 and 2? My guess is that they might plump for at least one of the two Champions League winners, with Pearson as the other alternative.

RDM is #10 behind the chap from Rochdale. They outrageously suggest he's not proved himself yet and he might come a cropper this season.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Strange to have Pearson as number 2, yes he is a good manager but he didn't win the league, got fired and has been out of work for a year since?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
FourFourTwo writers are no better than many of the sages on NSC. Reports such as that are meaningless. Profile doesn't mean quality.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last year 442 had us down to be relegated, we came third. Now we have the third best manager, I'm expecting us to get relegated.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
RDM is #10 behind the chap from Rochdale. They outrageously suggest he's not proved himself yet and he might come a cropper this season.

which is a bit odd when he's done more at this level than half the managers above him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Strange to have Pearson as number 2, yes he is a good manager but he didn't win the league, got fired and has been out of work for a year since?

Not quite. He did win the league, this league, also known as the Championship. He then kept Leicester in the Premier League, building a squad so impressive that with relatively few additions it defied decades of PL expectation and won that league. Pearson was sacked not for his managerial ability or delivery, but because his son and others perpetrated vile acts in Thailand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here