Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernie Ecclestone's mother in law is Kidnapped in Brazil

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
85 year old Bernie Ecclestone's has had his 67 year old mother in law kidnapped in Brazil with the hostage takers demanding 28m.
Would you pay 28m for the mother in law?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
What an absolute shhhh show the Olympics there has already been and it hasn't even started. First the chap who was mugged by POLICE and now this... Brazil should be ashamed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
85 year old Bernie Ecclestone's has had his 67 year old mother in law kidnapped in Brazil with the hostage takers demanding 28m.
Would you pay 28m for the mother in law?

Well now. You wouldn't really be paying £28m for the MiL, would you? In reality, you'd be paying it in order to keep your wife. Leaving aside the issue of whether one should ever pay off hostage-takers, let's look at the situation. Bernie's wife is 38; Bernie is 85. That's a consideration, I'd have thought. Also, Bernie is estimated to be worth £2.5Bn. £28m is therefore approx 1% of his net worth.

Hence, the question really is "would you be prepared to sacrifice 1% of your net worth in order to remain married to a woman 47* years younger than you?"

*I realise that, for many posters, marrying a woman 47 years younger than you may well take you into illegal territory, or even into existential territory, so please substitute a suitable alternative that is relevant to your particular circumstances...

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Well now. You wouldn't really be paying £28m for the MiL, would you? In reality, you'd be paying it in order to keep your wife. Leaving aside the issue of whether one should ever pay off hostage-takers, let's look at the situation. Bernie's wife is 38; Bernie is 85. That's a consideration, I'd have thought. Also, Bernie is estimated to be worth £2.5Bn. £28m is therefore approx 1% of his net worth.

Hence, the question really is "would you be prepared to sacrifice 1% of your net worth in order to remain married to a woman 47* years younger than you?"

*I realise that, for many posters, marrying a woman 47 years younger than you may well take you into illegal territory, or even into existential territory, so please substitute a suitable alternative that is relevant to your particular circumstances...

What happens if he pays up ??? same again...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So if they get £28m, do they just live happily ever after, or do they invest a chunk of that money into kidnapping as many wealthy / connected to wealthy people as they can, to turn their millions into billions?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd think £2.5Bn buys a lot of help in finding those *****.

Yep, I suspect that this will be the real outcome. Bernie doesn't strike me as the type of guy that one would want to get on the wrong side of. I suspect that kidnapping his wife's mother counts as getting on the wrong side of him...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
85 year old Bernie Ecclestone's has had his 67 year old mother in law kidnapped

I know it's wrong, but I couldn't help a little :lol: followed by a :bowdown:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Saw a doco on this once, seemed to be something famous rich Brazilian footballers were often faced with in regards to their family members being targets.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So if they get £28m, do they just live happily ever after, or do they invest a chunk of that money into kidnapping as many wealthy / connected to wealthy people as they can, to turn their millions into billions?

And then buy the rights to a major sport and run it like a dictator?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Surely the biggest question is how can you have a mother in law 22 years YOUNGER than you? And how does that feel?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely the biggest question is how can you have a mother in law 22 years YOUNGER than you? And how does that feel?

I'm interested to know whether the wife's GRAN is younger than Bernie!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
To be fair if Bernie get his mother in law out of this he'll be in her good books for the rest of his life.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here