Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone raced around the Nurburgring before?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes ........ but only on the Playstation

wind14.gif

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've driven round the Melbourne GP circuit.

In fairness it's a road in the park for 51 weeks of the year and accessible to everyone at a sedate 30mph

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I bloody nearly fell off my chair watching that. He is one skilled motorcyclist. I've been riding sports bikes for 40 years and wouldn't get within a mile of him.A racer perhaps?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have, I was well knackered when I finished. I nearly got run over a dozen times too. The people there drive like maniacs.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'm guessing that wasn't his first time around that circuit. He looked very neat and tidy going round there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never driven there but as a kid I went to a few Grand Prix there. It rained every time and the F1 teams used the full circuit of 14 miles so you got to see the cars every 9-10 minutes and they say Grand Prix racing is dull these days :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've driven around Bathurst in their Friday Night cruise thing, very good

I've driven round the Melbourne GP circuit.

In fairness it's a road in the park for 51 weeks of the year and accessible to everyone at a sedate 30mph

Me too, a few weeks before the GP, and in a Ford Focus! They were building the stands etc at the time so it did feel vaguely like a race circuit.

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
Was driven round the old Nurburgring in 1958 in a gullwing Mercedes Benz. There were 177 gearchanges per lap. Heaven knows how the Grand Prix drivers managed over a full race. They must have had arms of steel

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Drove around it back in the 1980s and it was in a right state all I remember is the severe camber of the corners and the crumbling concrete, great experience even chugging round like an old granny. Also been to Rock Am Ring the music festival in the hairpin of the modern circuit.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Me too, a few weeks before the GP, and in a Ford Focus! They were building the stands etc at the time so it did feel vaguely like a race circuit.
Exactly the same right down to the Ford Focus hire car and scaffolding stands.
It was great fun with a bit of imagination.
:thumbsup:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ive walked around the whole of the yas marina circuit in Abi Dhabi.
Was 35 degrees and took 1 hour 15 mins :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here