Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
skalak-l229-3203675_613x460.jpg

Jiri Skalak
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 26th July 2016
by Luke Nicoli
Albion's winger is hoping for more minutes at the Kassam Stadium tonight.
Yes, we would like to win tonight but the most important thing is being ready for the first game of the season against Derby."
Jiri Skalak
Brighton & Hove Albion winger Jiri Skalak is looking for more game time against Oxford United this evening.

The Czech Republic international only returned to the club last week, having played at Euro 2016, and after featuring for 45 minutes of the 2-1 defeat at Luton Town on Saturday, he is now looking to step up his match fitness at the Kassam Stadium.
He said: “It was good for me to play the opening half on Saturday and I felt okay considering it was my first game back.
“I didn’t have much of a break this summer, only 20 days with my family, but that means I have kept in good shape from last season.
“For all the players, fitness and getting sharper is the important thing in these friendlies, much more than the result.
“You always find that when you play lower league clubs, they start with a full-strength team and they will raise their game against you.
“That’s what we got on Saturday and I’m sure it will be the same when we play Oxford. But we are not complaining; this is the kind of test we need at this stage of pre-season. Yes, we would like to win tonight but the most important thing is being ready for the first game of the season against Derby.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Skalak, who teed up Lewis Dunk for Albion’s goal at Kenilworth Road, enjoyed his European Championship experience this summer, although it ended in disappointment for the Czechs, who bowed out at the group stage.
“It was great to be part of the tournament, to play in front of full stadiums, but it wasn’t such a good competition for the Czech Republic,” he added. “Now though, my focus is back with Brighton and trying to make up for our own disappointment at the end of last season.
“There is a real determination among the whole squad to make sure we have another strong season, and to really go for promotion.”The new Brighton & Hove Albion away kit is out now. Click here to purchase yours!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here