Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The championship is the new prem league 2 already...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
With hideous amounts of millions up for grabs the championship is the place to be with marginal outlay compared to the prem clubs.I actually thought things might improve with the FFP but now I see sky and new owners dismantling what was supposed to be a good thing for football and championship wages will soon rocket even more as the foreign army match in for bargain buys in the championship.
Now sky have a hold on the championship due to BT's invasion it really is down hill.

Very sad indeed:nono:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now sky have a hold on the championship due to BT's invasion it really is down hill.

Sky's current advertising on TV and radio says this will be the bidpgeest Premier League season ever, and there will be more Premier League matches shown live on Sky this coming season that ever before :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Our U23s are now officially in Premier League 2 ( Division 2 ).

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
With hideous amounts of millions up for grabs the championship is the place to be with marginal outlay compared to the prem clubs.I actually thought things might improve with the FFP but now I see sky and new owners dismantling what was supposed to be a good thing for football and championship wages will soon rocket even more as the foreign army match in for bargain buys in the championship.

How much does the average Championship player earn nowadays ?

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
A couple of years ago I read that in Italy they were planning to introduce a £5,000-a-week wage cap in Serie B.

Don't know whether it went through, but something like that might be a good idea for the Championship - say £10,000-a-week max.

It would mean parachute payment teams would not be able to buy promotion nor teams like Bournemouth and Boro. Also, players would have extra incentive to get to the PL.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
A couple of years ago I read that in Italy they were planning to introduce a £5,000-a-week wage cap in Serie B.

Don't know whether it went through, but something like that might be a good idea for the Championship - say £10,000-a-week max.

It would mean parachute payment teams would not be able to buy promotion nor teams like Bournemouth and Boro. Also, players would have extra incentive to get to the PL.
Would also mean we wouldn't be paying such an obscene amount to Chris O'Grady

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Just wondered

Are you a closet Brighton fan ? I can understand a Burnley fan posting on the Dale Stephens thing and the matches against Burnley last season but you post on everything here now

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If I was in charge of the Premier League I would be looking at setting up a breakaway Championship.
Only 1 (mboro) of the promoted teams is investing proper money into their team. The other 2 are taking the money again and in Burnleys case attempting to recruit Championship players for their certain return to that level.
They offer nothing to the Premier League.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With hideous amounts of millions up for grabs the championship is the place to be with marginal outlay

Marginal outlay?

The clubs in the Championship lost £300 million between them last season.

The clubs in the Premier League made a profit of about the same amount.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Marginal outlay?

The clubs in the Championship lost £300 million between them last season.

The clubs in the Premier League made a profit of about the same amount.
Well its marginal compared to buying a prem club that's for sure....why buy a prem club for 70/80 million when you can buy a championship club for 30 odd on average or even less or more in certain cases.

If you get the right manager and players then you can go up and make a fortune and it's very common to see owners up sticks after 2 or 3 seasons as their gamble failed.

Fact that sky are putting more focus on live games in the championship due to BT's dominance would suggest times are changing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
...why buy a prem club for 70/80 million when you can buy a championship club for 30 odd on average or even less or more in certain cases.

Because in the Premier League you are guaranteed TV income of £100 million minimum compared to £6 million in the Championship.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

If that was the case then most teams in this league wouldn't have any players, we'd be left with half a dozen players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here