Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Brighton & Hove Albion Fan App' email

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Has anyone else been sent this email, asking for investment?

Fan app.png

Is it reputable, or a con job?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Don't understand how it is an "investment" a lot of these give us free money to start our website companies always say "invest" to me an investment you see a return on... These guys just don't want to get a bank loan...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seedrs is legit, if you want to invest review the info they provide.

Don't understand how it is an "investment" a lot of these give us free money to start our website companies always say "invest" to me an investment you see a return on... These guys just don't want to get a bank loan...

cheaper and can offer equity rather than the inconvenience of hard cash repayments, which can be difficult for a small growing company.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's that company that have created an 'app' for each club and then largely scrapes content from all available sources (probably via RSS or similar) and re-packages it within their app. (I see this without ever having used it, but I see them on twitter regurgitating stories from other sources.

Seedrs is a legit crowdfunding platform: https://www.seedrs.com/spontly

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
87% of 200,000 = 174,000.
Sums not right there.
Sounds about likely as gold bullion kit Kat bars:hilton:

Although 173,000 is 86.5% and given that most people round up from 0.5% which would enable the 87% to be used.

However, this is not an investment for me and I'm out. This is because on the man site, to see any additional information it says to sign in or proceed but hitting the proceed tab requires you to join before seeing any further detail, all very dodgy.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
1. Do we really need a club app?
2. Would 72 people invest £173,000 in an app - pretty sure we struggled to raise that much from far many more people in the dark days
3. Does an app really cost that much to produce? You can do many simply, quickly and cheaply

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not from the Bank of Nigeria is it???

No!!! :eek: don't invest in the Bank of Nigeria. I've recently become friendly with one of their senior directors and I think he's going to do a moonlight! I'm going to take care of a few mill of his which he's going to transfer into my account as we speak. All I've needed to do was send him a couple of grand to set it up. :dunce:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
No!!! :eek: don't invest in the Bank of Nigeria. I've recently become friendly with one of their senior directors and I think he's going to do a moonlight! I'm going to take care of a few mill of his which he's going to transfer into my account as we speak. All I've needed to do was send him a couple of grand to set it up. :dunce:

I hope he isn't associated with the Nigerian lottery? I have just had a lovely chat with them and apparently, even though I didn't buy the ticket, the previous owner of my house did and it rolls over - well happy with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here