Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad News

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm very sad if that is confirmed. Denis used to come and coach us at the primary school I went to and at Newman in Hove. His sons and daughter went to the same ones and it was brilliant learning things off him.

As you say, a true gentleman.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Oh such sad news. Dennis was my PE teacher for 6 years and became a good friend. He got me a trial at the Albion and from there I played at the Goldstone on 4 occasions and every time he came along to watch. He was also a fantastic cricket coach.

I will always remember a team talk during half time when we were losing quite heavily and he turned around to one of the lads held up a ball and said "Howard this is a football, it has no brain..............tell me Howard how does this football keep out thinking you???"

Really was a true gent and always had a story about either his Albion days or Sussex CCC days.

RIP Dennis, thanks for the memories!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Very sad news indeed. Only met him a few times over the years as I'm part of the extended family through marriage - but was always a lovely chap to talk to. Have been talking to his grand daughter today, and understandably the family are devastated - but it sounds like he had been unwell for some time. RIP Denis

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
R. I. P. I have many memories of watching him play at the Goldstone.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Oh, that's sad. Back in the 80s, Denis coached me and lots of other kids at the County Ground during school holidays.

Really nice chap.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Calm down, I've got no interest in cricket and he is well before my time so I'm sorry if I upset you.

So why bother commenting if you have no interest? An ex Albion players dies and you want to be a smartass.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So why bother commenting if you have no interest? An ex Albion players dies and you want to be a smartass.

All I did was Google the name. It's not the first time on NSC that there has been news of someone who passed away, only to find out that they died years ago.

I really don't think this thread deserves people jumping on the high horses about it just because I did not know who he was. So lets not get into one.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Was also taught by him. Still fancy a game of football cricket rounders.

Heard he was ill and in a home some time ago, meant to find out where and go and see him. RIP.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Heard over the weekend that Dennis Foreman passed away .RIP to a true gentleman.

You're well ahead of the curve if this is true. Having Googled his name, I can't find the story of his passing anywhere online - via the Albion, the Argus etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here