Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion keeper eager for full game after return from injury [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
David Stockdale hopes to play longer in his next game

David Stockdale is ready for 90 minutes after returning from injury ahead of schedule.
The Albion goalkeeper played an hour of the 1-0 defeat to Stevenage on Saturday. It was his first outing after two operations on his foot during the close season.
Stockdale was suffering from Morton’s Neuroma, a nerve problem between his toes which threatened his participation in last season’s promotion run-in.
He had an initial operation to remove tissue after the play-off defeat by Sheffield Wednesday.
Stockdale said: “I got it just after the game at MK Dons. I had injections every week from then on.
“It was going to be two to four weeks out and I wasn’t going to miss games for a stupid foot injury. I just had an injection before every game and then got on with it.
“We had a setback with the first operation and we had to do a little bit more with it.”
Stockdale signed in with a sharp save low to his left and would love to stay on for longer at Oxford tomorrow.
He said: “I was a bit rusty. I trained with the team on Thursday and Friday so I hadn’t done much.
“It was ahead of schedule. We had pencilled me in for Tuesday but I felt good.”

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here