Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach, river or lake with very close car access for an old dog to go swimming

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I have a dog who struggles to walk very far but loves swimming. I'd like to find somewhere I can take him for a short walk (no more that 50 metres) to some water so he can have a swim. Steeps banks, pebble beaches or any sort of difficult terrain are not an option really.

We're based in Seaford but would be happy to have a drive out to anywhere in Sussex really.

:albion2:

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
River Adur is good. Took this yesterday after my cycle ride up the south downs. There were loads of dogs swimming in the river.

20160608_150031.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have a dog who struggles to walk very far but loves swimming. I'd like to find somewhere I can take him for a short walk (no more that 50 metres) to some water so he can have a swim. Steeps banks, pebble beaches or any sort of difficult terrain are not an option really.

We're based in Seaford but would be happy to have a drive out to anywhere in Sussex really.

:albion2:
Bonham is good :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a doggy pool somewhere near Bognor.
I'd be amazed if there isn't a 'therapy' pool around Brighton.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There used to be a good sized tidal pond just over the level crossing at Tidemills.Mark you,that was 40 years ago so it's probably a marina now!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

A possibility might be the beach by the Cooden Beach Hotel. You can park right by the beach, and though it is a pebble, it is not very far at all until you reach sand at low tide. Can you carry him what would be few metres? Is your dog a lab, as mine too loves water, and it is great to see him in the sea, which he adores.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

A possibility might be the beach by the Cooden Beach Hotel. You can park right by the beach, and though it is a pebble, it is not very far at all until you reach sand at low tide. Can you carry him what would be few metres? Is your dog a lab, as mine too loves water, and it is great to see him in the sea, which he adores.

It'd only be about four metres in seaford at high tide!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Barcome mills river, lovely on a sunny day

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here