Ashley
My boss

Last edited by a moderator:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd have to say Ashley - Green has screwed the business and in effect the staff but how Ashley actually treats staff is far worse.

One of my friends used to be the Purchasing Director for BHS and always said how nice Green was to all staff at all levels.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a nation we will all be shrugging our shoulders at the injustice of the world and this "unacceptable face of capitalism", but the fact is that Green is an utter twunt who should be slung in prison just as Maxwell would have been if he hadn't gone missing.

Honestly, I am incredulous that utter scum like him can pillage a company, screw 12,000 workers and we are all expected to write it off as an unfortunate side-effect of our system. The fact that his knighthood removal is even up for debate is a total nonsense.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'd have to say Ashley - Green has screwed the business and in effect the staff but how Ashley actually treats staff is far worse.

One of my friends used to be the Purchasing Director for BHS and always said how nice Green was to all staff at all levels.
Ok, but being nice to their face, but screwing them behind their backs. Not a nice man imo.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As a nation we will all be shrugging our shoulders at the injustice of the world and this "unacceptable face of capitalism", but the fact is that Green is an utter twunt who should be slung in prison just as Maxwell would have been if he hadn't gone missing.

Honestly, I am incredulous that utter scum like him can pillage a company, screw 12,000 workers and we are all expected to write it off as an unfortunate side-effect of our system. The fact that his knighthood removal is even up for debate is a total nonsense.

I think the knighthood was awarded in recognition of him being a selfish ****.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Overlooking any slave owner or Victorian mine or sweat shop owner and focsing on modern UK ones I would go for Maxwell given that at the time there was no ppf.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I don't think it's even a competition. Ashley may or may not have intimate knowledge of dodgy employment practices in his company, but he has shown a little remorse. Green is an arrogant CJTC who lined his own pockets and took away people's livelyhoods, all with zero sense of wrongdoing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At least Ashley lives in the UK and pays tax here, Green all day long

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

spot on.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You cannot tell me that Green didn't have an inkling to what was going on with the BHS pension fund, he is the boss FFS.
It's must be those Wenger glasses, that do not see anything.
Scandalous.

Used to have these two bosses who came to work with identical suits and brollies.
Bradford and Bingley came to mind.:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's been a great week for people getting away with stuff - Ray Wilkins, the Russian Olympic Team and now Phillip Green.

It wasn't so long ago that if you so much as stole a pig you'd be transported to Australia as a Prisoner of Her Majesty and be grateful that you hadn't hung for it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whilst it appears that Green has some financial activities that are coming under question, and of course which will affect his former staff's pension arrangements, surely the working practices at the Sports Direct warehouse mean Ashley is the worst boss to work for?

D

Deleted member 2719

It's been a great week for people getting away with stuff - Ray Wilkins, the Russian Olympic Team and now Phillip Green.

It wasn't so long ago that if you so much as stole a pig you'd be transported to Australia as a Prisoner of Her Majesty and be grateful that you hadn't hung for it.

I have taken the odd pig in my lifetime, should I be worried.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
yes I am I will stare at you
because you are a thief
UFOC

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not sure how you could vote Ashley over Green.

At least his employees still earn a salary. I know Arcadia is still operating but even so......

I think these guys just lose perspective. I for one couldn't believe Green sold his business to an idiot no one had heard of - he knew the company was screwed otherwise a reputable buyer would have come in for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I met him about 10 or 11 years ago when I worked in a stock room in Brighton. He was wondering around the back of house full of boxes, clothing and plastic film , tapping his cigar ash onto the floor. I didn't actually know who he was but he struck me as friendly but untrustworthy. A kind of Goebbels of the high street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here