Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby at home result was the best thing for us ....

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Think you need help mate.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Chucking out time.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Sign your names on this post if you agreed (and be honest):
You're a Burnley fan, right? Yes it was a good result for you. For Brighton and Hove Albion it was a disaster. Look at the 'plucky Bournemouth' thread. Bournemouth (Bournemouth!) can afford to spend 60, 70, 80 million quid on players and they STILL won't spend all the money they're going to get by just taking part in this year's premier league campaign. And if they get relegated, with a turnover about five times the size of ours (with parachute payments on top) 'big' Bournemouth will have a huge financial advantage over 'little' Brighton, ''little' Leeds, 'little' Forest etc and all the other clubs outside the PL sweetshop. That could have been us.

If we don't get promoted this year it will be a real struggle in future as every club will come down from the prem with so much money it'll make the current parachute payments look like small change. We'll look back on that Derby result as the ultimate missed opportunity.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Looney-Tunes-Theme-Song-10.jpg

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I don't want your real names, just user names so I can ignore your posts in future. You know who you are :tosser:

With all due respect Hopkins, what response did you hope that this thread would elicit? It comes across as being deliberately provocative, so I'm not surprised in the slightest at the tone of the comments. I apologise if you genuine wanted to discuss the issue in a meaningful way, but perhaps you should have spelt out your rationale for holding what appears to be a very misplaced belief.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
If we go up this season, then last season will be looked back on in 10 years time as a practice run, an enjoyable season overall, and part of the journey.
If we do not, then it will be seen in 10 years time as the season that might have been.

Let's crack on with this season, one of the most important seasons ever for the club, and leave the looking back for the future.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I don't want your real names, just user names so I can ignore your posts in future. You know who you are :tosser:

Ah, sorry, was this a double-bluff? (i.e. you too thought the Derby result was a disaster). Apologies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here