Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendliest should be played behind closed doors

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not a chance. Waste of time

Then you don't have the right to deny others going. You know, those who don't sit behind a keyboard, but get off their backsides and go to other places to watch.
It might be easier to log off Nsc for a couple of weeks and then you wouldn't have to read all the 'hype'.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Then you don't have the right to deny others going. You know, those who don't sit behind a keyboard, but get off their backsides and go to other places to watch.
It might be easier to log off Nsc for a couple of weeks and then you wouldn't have to read all the 'hype'.

I have watched the Albion in more places than most over the last 58 years and have long since realised that analysing friendlies is a complete waste of time. You are right though. Let other people find out for themselves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To stop all this ridiculous hype. For god's sake get a life and go and go have some fun.

I have watched the Albion in more places than most over the last 58 years and have long since realised that analysing friendlies is a complete waste of time. You are right though. Let other people find out for themselves.

So true or they should be free admission. why should supporters pay for what is basically meaningless games as regards results and a get fit exercise.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So true or they should be free admission. why should supporters pay for what is basically meaningless games as regards results and a get fit exercise.

Do supporters who attend friendlies really expect anything more. I have been to a few friendly matches which have been really enjoyable, not necessarily because of the football that was played.

Sometimes you can even have a beer while watching the Albion playing live.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A mate of mine went to both Luton and Stevenage on Saturday, he goes to any game, whatever the weather and/or occasion. Friendlies aren't for me because they're just frustrating and meaningless. But I'll still go to the Lazio game, rude not to. :thumbsup:

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

Not quite clocked up 58 years supporting the club, but I've grown to appreciate friendlies more and more over the years. I agree that there is no point whatsoever in over-analysing the results of the matches. However, they do provide a great opportunity to catch up with players on the fringe of the first team. You can also get a bit of an insight into the different combinations of players that the manager is looking at for the new season. The weather is usually good, travelling is leisurely and away games are often a good excuse to revisit local grounds where the atmosphere is friendly. All in all, a great way to ease yourself into the new season!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Going to the Melbourne Victory V Atheltico Madrid meaningless friendly on Sunday and am bloody looking forward to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here