Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV problem

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Just trying to set up a new tv and it's telling me that no channels were found when I install. It says
to check the aerial connection.

Yet the aerial from the wall goes into the Virgin box which is then connected to the tv via a scart
cable.

Any ideas what to do? any help for an idiot like me would be appreciated. :down:

Ta.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
cheers both - can't find scart on the menu.

Never wanted to throw a tv out of the window so much

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
cheers both - can't find scart on the menu.

Never wanted to throw a tv out of the window so much

tv aerial input into virgin box aerial in, you should also have an aerial out on the virgin box, use another cable to connect from there to the back of the tv, this will give you the freeview signal

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I think you will find that to receive TV channels via your TV's own tuner you will also need to connect a standard aerial cable between your Virgin box and your TV. That's the case with my setup using a BT box.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
tv aerial input into virgin box aerial in, you should also have an aerial out on the virgin box, use another cable to connect from there to the back of the tv, this will give you the freeview signal

Soz bha100. Don't know how I missed your reply. Sure it wasn't there when I answered. :mad:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Simply check what cable you have coming out of the virgin box and what port you have plugged it into on the tv, select that input on the tv remote and your picture should be there.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I also have a problem with my TV if anyone can help me as well.
I don't seem to be able to get Claire Balding off of my TV.
When I switched the TV off last night I could still see her face on the screen like the Turin Shroud.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Im sure virgin Tivo can record 2 and watch one? although I an not sure I dumped virgin 6 months ago and bought a box of the net which givers me alll channels

TiVo box can. Well mine did before I moved last year.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My tv and dvd are connected through the bt homehub.
I stream all things from internet, use Netflix or just download any new thing going.
Have freeview as an alternative :)

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Is it just the new TV you have or have Virginia just installed your cable and box?

If you've just replaced the TV then all you need is an hdmi cable as explained in above posts. On the back of the Virginia box should be a port labelled HDMI OUT. Just attach the hdmi lead between that port and one of the hdmi ports in the back of your TV. Depending on your TV you should have a button called SOURCE, INPUT, AV or a symbol of a square with an arrow pointing out of it. It's a case of cycling through the options in that button until the picture appears. If you're after smart tv connections I don't know as I don't own one I'm afraid.

I have a Samsung tv and it works with a source button.

If all else fails connect the hdmi lead between the two boxes, turn the Virginia box off, and then turn it back on again, the TV should automatically then find the Virgin box and change the source for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here