Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant view!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

This is what I call a brilliant view.
Thats if you're passing overhead, and wondering who plays football there.
Then the answer would be 'Seeeeeeeeeagulls' :clap2:

Attachments

• amex1.PNG
    amex1.PNG
    807 KB · Views: 2,142

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Flying back from Italy recently I caught a fabulous view of Stuttgart's ground. It looked mighty impressive from 35,000 feet up.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Surprised theres no branding on the roof. Not even a seagull.

I recall a few years ago flying into Heathrow back when QPR were sponsored by KLM. In huge great letters running the length of the roof of one of the stands was "NEXT TIME FLY KLM". Brilliant advert as the only way you were likely to see it was from an aircraft.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised theres no branding on the roof. Not even a seagull.

Possibly because there is no point spending money on decorations when the roof is likely to come off in a few years in order to put a second tier in the North and South after we establish ourselves in . . . . . best not jinx it :lolol::whistle:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I recall a few years ago flying into Heathrow back when QPR were sponsored by KLM. In huge great letters running the length of the roof of one of the stands was "NEXT TIME FLY KLM". Brilliant advert as the only way you were likely to see it was from an aircraft.

Wasn't that Brentford Griffin Park? They've had airline ads on their roof for years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wasn't that Brentford Griffin Park? They've had airline ads on their roof for years.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure. I always thought it was QPR as KLM sponsored them, but I see looking it up KLM have also sponsored Brentford, so I guess it could have been Griffin Park I'm all confused now - looking at a map I guess it is conceivable the incoming flight path to Heathrow flies over both :shrug:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
To be honest I'm not 100% sure. I always thought it was QPR as KLM sponsored them, but I see looking it up KLM have also sponsored Brentford, so I guess it could have been Griffin Park I'm all confused now - looking at a map I guess it is conceivable the incoming flight path to Heathrow flies over both :shrug:

"Griffin Park is beneath the flightpath of London Heathrow Airport and the roofs of the New Road and Braemar Road stands are used as a large advertising space. The roofs of both stands have been used to advertise KLM,Ericsson,Infogrames and Qatar Airways. The New Road Stand roof is currently sponsored by Matchbook, the club's official betting partner. In the late 2000s, the Braemar Road stand was sponsored by water cooler business Refreshing Solutions."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here