Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton pleased with Albion fitness - and looks forward to Stephens' return [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton has played down a double Albion defeat – and hailed a good fitness exercise on their travels.
The Seagulls sent teams to both Luton and Stevenage yesterday, losing 2-1 and 1-0 respectively.
Senior players enjoyed extended time on the pitch with Bruno, Liam Rosenior, Gaetan Bong, Lewis Dunk and Glenn Murray among those to get a full 90 minutes.
Hughton told The Argus: “I’m glad we did it the way we did because it allowed us to get nearly all the senior players close to 90 minutes.

“Results wise it hasn’t been the best day but that is not the most important thing, even though you don’t want to lose any games.“The important thing, with two weeks to go, is we have got a really good day under our belt.
“Hopefully we are all okay. Stevie Sidwell came off in the first game but I think he will be fine.*Apart from that they were two very good exercises.”
Hughton said Dale Stephens, who was not involved, should feature at Oxford on Tuesday.*The midfielder, who has been subject of bids from Burnley, suffered a knee injury at Crawley last Saturday.
Stephens is suspended for the first game of the season, at Derby on August 6.
Hughton said: “Dale will miss the first game and he has to come back in. He should be available for Tuesday.*One thing I can categorically say is he wanted to play today.
“It was us who stopped him because we felt we would give him the extra day on the recovery.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here