Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be a decent signing. Would assume he'd want to play so probably only coming in if Dunk goes, rather than to be back up for Goldson and Dunk. Doubt it would do his Irish chances much good to be back up in the Championship.

Blackburn will want a fair amount I assume. They've just sold Grant Hanley to Newcastle so won't want to lose another Centre Back.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not sure of his religion but if he is Irish Catholic he would probably have been a boyhood Celtic fan so that would be a '' big draw '' to the player

It would, but nothing to stop him going there later in his career like Keane did.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It would, but nothing to stop him going there later in his career like Keane did.

True but you don't always get a 2nd opportunity. Keane was different. He was a much bigger name and a much better player so he was a bigger ''draw'' to having at the club

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
True but you don't always get a 2nd opportunity. Keane was different. He was a much bigger name and a much better player so he was a bigger ''draw'' to having at the club

It then depends on the players belief in their ability and I suppose their overall career prospects. He can still be a fan from the south coast..there is a Celtic supporters club down here ha ha

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They' can offer European football and they're also the club he grew up supporting though.... that can be a big pull.

Well, Celtic's annual european adventure rarely lasts for more than one round, so that shouldn't be too much of an attraction, but yes, as the guy is an Irish Catholic, the chance to play for his boyhood heroes may well be.

I guess it all comes down to how ambitious he is. If he wants top flight football every week, and the chance to play in the Premier League, I would say Brighton is the better option.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here