Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random thought re last season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was there a single moment in the whole season where you actually BELIEVED we were destined to go up?

If so, when? Sheffield Wednesday at home after our goal maybe?

We were so near but we never got into a position where it looked like we were going to do it IMO.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Mk away when they missed that pen at the death

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
When Sidwell scored the winner in the 90th minute at Forest when we'd been so sh!t all game

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I never thought we would be promoted. It's because I am an eternal pessimist. That way I'm never disappointed.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Charlton away. We'd closed the gap to Burnley/Boro from 6/8 points to nothing and had the momentum, even with two tough games to come. Also, for a couple of minutes at Boro. We'd been poor for the first half and Boro could have been out of sight. Then we equalised and were right back in the game before Mike Dean ruined it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Charlton away. We'd closed the gap to Burnley/Boro from 6/8 points to nothing and had the momentum, even with two tough games to come. Also, for a couple of minutes at Boro. We'd been poor for the first half and Boro could have been out of sight. Then we equalised and were right back in the game before Mike Dean ruined it.

Absolutely this. I'm unceasingly pessimistic but after having weathered that first half storm and equalised at the perfect time, I'm certain we would have gone on to win that game. I hold one man and one man only responsible for us not going up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Absolutely this. I'm unceasingly pessimistic but after having weathered that first half storm and equalised at the perfect time, I'm certain we would have gone on to win that game. I hold one man and one man only responsible for us not going up.

I won't say I am certain but I'm confident we'd have given it a really good go. Similarly, if the referee had done his job and disallowed Wednesday's goal in the play off second leg, I think we would have got to the final. I am not certain we'd have won the final but I am confident we'd have given Hull a better game than Wednesday did.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When we thrashed QPR and Boro were one-up against Burnley. For 15 minutes or so I was pretty convinced that not only would we be going up, but we'd be going up at our home game against Derby.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Too be perfectly honest I'm still gutted we missed out last season. I feel we missed a golden opportunity to get promoted. Ok maybe we would've struggled but if we had come back down we would have with the huge parachute payments to compensate. It's going to be even tougher this coming season Newcastle, Villa and Norwich are going to be hard acts to be in front off. However up the Albion bring on the new season.:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Too be perfectly honest I'm still gutted we missed out last season. I feel we missed a golden opportunity to get promoted. Ok maybe we would've struggled but if we had come back down we would have with the huge parachute payments to compensate. It's going to be even tougher this coming season Newcastle, Villa and Norwich are going to be hard acts to be in front off. However up the Albion bring on the new season.:thumbsup:

But we didn't actually miss out did we? We never got into a position where we could be said to have blown it? We had an incredible run in from January but never got ourselves into a position where we looked like we were going up imo

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
But we didn't actually miss out did we? We never got into a position where we could be said to have blown it? We had an incredible run in from January but never looked like we got ourselves into a position where we looked like we were going up imo

If we had won at Boro we would've been promoted that was a good position as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention being top for a long portion of the season.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I never thought we would be promoted. It's because I am an eternal pessimist. That way I'm never disappointed.

From a personal view, having watched B&HA since the late 60s, I guess I am a bit the same, as possibly quite a few fans are? I have always had massive hope and always will do, guess it goes with supporting The Albion..................The only thing I do want, if and when we get promoted to the promised league! is, we are ready for it, in every aspect, I could not stand getting promoted then being humiliated week in week out, all that said, I honestly do think we are in a good place now...........so bring on next season and lets do it!! :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A few moments I was genuinely positive we'd be going up, most of them already mentioned.

All the way until late December.
2-1 Burnley until you know what (we even had some luck go our way in that game, which is a rare thing, until the 93rd that is)
2-1 Forest Sidwell winner
The entire period late on where we were just blowing teams out the water which culminated in 3-1 Charlton.

And finally, Stephens equaliser at borough, went absolutely mental and was certain we'd go on and win.

Aaaaand now i'm depressed again....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Conversly when do you think we blew it. I am caught between 2 the late equaliser against Burnley and the defeat at Rotherham. I think Burnley wins because that would have given us 2 more points and them 1 less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here