Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plucky little Bournemouth

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Does a club need to be able to be self sufficient in the Premier League anymore? It doesn't matter if 3 men and a dog turn up to watch, gate receipts count for nothing, being handed over £100,000,000 per season will help cover growing wages and fees.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They gambled and won, and it annoys me every time I hear their name. How the feck have Bournemouth spent two seasons In the Premier League and we have never even got there? I am talking about since Football began in 1992 or whenever it was not old currency.

The amount that club is spending on players whilst we scrabble around for freebies and bargains, whilst trying to keep our best players irritates me irrationally.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They gambled and won, and it annoys me every time I hear their name. How the feck have Bournemouth spent two seasons In the Premier League and we have never even got there? I am talking about since Football began in 1992 or whenever it was not old currency.

The amount that club is spending on players whilst we scrabble around for freebies and bargains, whilst trying to keep our best players irritates me irrationally.

Boro sign Negredo and Subotic, B'muff spending crazy money, Palace offering £20m and £30m for players, and we're charging money for a members club bar...I want to cry.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well I say well done Bournemouth, 2nd consecutive season in the PL whilst we await our first.

Let's hope our last seasons momentum carries on into this season to have another bite at the cherry!

It remains to be seen what our final squad consists of, but if we were to lose any players of note I'm sure before they are sanctioned to go we will have equal if not better replacements lined up. :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Boro sign Negredo and Subotic, B'muff spending crazy money, Palace offering £20m and £30m for players, and we're charging money for a members club bar...I want to cry.

Subotic failed a medical and is out until the new year, but it is crazy that he was going there. Top quality player, says a lot about the Premier League money floating around.

Brad Smith is a quality left back, £6million is crazy money, but he's a good player and certainly better than Charlie Daniels. Another shrewd Bournemouth signing, I'm sure we'd have snapped up some quality players (inevitably, people would have said "never heard of him") but petty sour grapes and this "plucky Bournemouth" stuff is small minded and a poor show.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Subotic failed a medical and is out until the new year, but it is crazy that he was going there. Top quality player, says a lot about the Premier League money floating around.

Brad Smith is a quality left back, £6million is crazy money, but he's a good player and certainly better than Charlie Daniels. Another shrewd Bournemouth signing, I'm sure we'd have snapped up some quality players (inevitably, people would have said "never heard of him") but petty sour grapes and this "plucky Bournemouth" stuff is small minded and a poor show.

Disagree. They didn't 'gamble' and win they cheated and won. They played Portsmouth in a friendly yesterday (3-3). It's my dearest wish that that is a League 1 fixture in 5 years time.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Disagree. They didn't 'gamble' and win they cheated and won. They played Portsmouth in a friendly yesterday (3-3). It's my dearest wish that that is a League 1 fixture in 5 years time.

We haven't played that we'll in our fixtures yet have we? We could be playing, Luton & Stevenage for real soon:tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here