Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hungarian Grand Prix.

Rosberg on pole, Lewis second.

Another front row lockout for Mercedes.

Just watching the GP3 race, massive crash for one at the start rolling several times, walked away though so all good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting end to qualifying with Lewis immediately behind Alonso when he spun off and having to lift because of yellows. Rosberg being further behind didn't have to lift as much so took pole at the last knockings.

Lewis will be pissed about that although he did keep it under control. The start could be "interesting"!

Interesting end to qualifying with Lewis immediately behind Alonso when he spun off and having to lift because of yellows. Rosberg being further behind didn't have to lift as much so took pole at the last knockings.

Lewis will be pissed about that although he did keep it under control. The start could be "interesting"!

Couldn't understand that, Lewis was the first of the drivers on a flying lap I thought so it confused me how Alonso went off in front of him.

Having read the F1 blog it appears that Alonso on an out lap went wide into a corner and hit a wet patch of tarmac causing him to lose traction.

That's what confused me, the chequered flag was already out so he wouldn't have been able to start another flying lap.

I'm sure Brundle said all 10 cars were out on track for the showdown and Hamilton was the first car. Admittedly I only watched it late last night and was slightly worse for wear so may have got that wrong.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

The start is always interesting then after the 1st corner it's a boring procession.
I will be watching British Superbikes from Thruxton, proper racing.

The start is always interesting then after the 1st corner it's a boring procession.
I will be watching British Superbikes from Thruxton, proper racing.

What's more boring is somebody opening a thread about something they find boring to tell us how boring it is.

Every. Single. Time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What's more boring is somebody opening a thread about something they find boring to tell us how boring it is.

Every. Single. Time.

What thread did I open then?
Are you saying that you find F1 exciting?
I like all racing and want F1 to be so much better than it is but it gets worse every year, I am one of the millions that watch the start and first 5 laps then switch off or over.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What thread did I open then?
Are you saying that you find F1 exciting?
I like all racing and want F1 to be so much better than it is but it gets worse every year, I am one of the millions that watch the start and first 5 laps then switch off or over.

I love all things F1, from the pit lane intrigue and shenanigans to watching the races. Now if you want something that is mind numbingly boring to watch IMO it's cricket, golf, swimming, baseball, American football and bloody cycling. But there ya go different strokes for different folks. There are some on here who love all or some of those sports and hate F1. I tend to avoid any threads about sport that bores me :shrug:

I think that there are about 10 of us on NSC that enjoy F1 :lolol:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Oh is it a GP this weekend?

Super GT and FIA WEC on today for me. Might catch the highlights of F1 if it's on C4, but I've feeling very 'meh' about F1 ever since the Red Bull domination days and the new turbo era hasn't sparked my interest.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Granted F1 can be boring, there are terrible races that are a complete procession at times but it's the same with every sport. These drivers risk their lives at 200mph+ week after week and in fairness the racing this season has been pretty good most of the time, people who disrespect F1 as a sport amaze me., what about Cricket? 5 days gets played and the game ends in a draw.. Doesn't make it not interesting. Football matches where it's either a drub 0-0 or a 4-0 battering can be awful and boring to watch as well.

As for the race, I'm a Hamilton fan but I'm not that unhappy Rosberg got pole, it makes the race very interesting

Granted F1 can be boring, there are terrible races that are a complete procession at times but it's the same with every sport. These drivers risk their lives at 200mph+ week after week and in fairness the racing this season has been pretty good most of the time, people who disrespect F1 as a sport amaze me., what about Cricket? 5 days gets played and the game ends in a draw.. Doesn't make it not interesting. Football matches where it's either a drub 0-0 or a 4-0 battering can be awful and boring to watch as well.

As for the race, I'm a Hamilton fan but I'm not that unhappy Rosberg got pole, it makes the race very interesting

With Rosbergs better starts and first call on when to come in Lewis has got it all to do.

It could be very interesting.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I love all things F1, from the pit lane intrigue and shenanigans to watching the races. Now if you want something that is mind numbingly boring to watch IMO it's cricket, golf, swimming, baseball, American football and bloody cycling. But there ya go different strokes for different folks. There are some on here who love all or some of those sports and hate F1. I tend to avoid any threads about sport that bores me :shrug:

I think that there are about 10 of us on NSC that enjoy F1 :lolol:

It's a shame that the F1 cars are so quick and so difficult to overtake on track that they had to introduce artificial means like the drag reduction system or the need to pit stop during a race in an effort to get so excitement back into the sport and increase the chances of a change in the running order. When a driver makes a mistake, the cost of that mistake doesn't necessarily cost them a place because the cars are so quick to accelerate and cars have to be so far back due to the aerodynamic effects that they are unable to capitalise on them.

The Formula E races that i have seen are far better for excitement as the cars can run incredibly close to each other but they too have trouble overtaking because the tracks are so tight for these cars so they have had to introduce artificial attempts to create overtakes such as the fan boost that 3 drivers receive as a result of a public vote.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a shame that the F1 cars are so quick and so difficult to overtake on track that they had to introduce artificial means like the drag reduction system or the need to pit stop during a race in an effort to get so excitement back into the sport and increase the chances of a change in the running order.
They should have tried other methods, like reducing max tyre width to make them slide more, reduced wings, reduced ground clearance and reduced car width.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hamilton with a 1.5 second lead already - he's won 4 times here and Rosberg has never even been on the podium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here