Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do cows have accents debate

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Got talking to a couple people in a pub, one Welsh farmer and one Scottish..

Both swear blind the cows they have moo differently

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Birds are known to have regional 'accents'. I can see how it would be the same for other animals too.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They're not really cows though are they? 'Cows' is a term invented by humans to label something that stands around in a field eating grass, 'field' and 'grass' more invented terms, 'humans' itself another invented term, the word 'invented' another made up term, the word 'term' another....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as incredible as it seems, i recall reading somewhere this is a genuine thing, with different areas of the country or different countrie for that matter recording distinct differences in moos. however it may have been a hoax or spoof, its seems too weird, or its nothing to do with regions just that different herds sound different?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
as incredible as it seems, i recall reading somewhere this is a genuine thing, with different areas of the country or different countrie for that matter recording distinct differences in moos. however it may have been a hoax or spoof, its seems too weird, or its nothing to do with regions just that different herds sound different?

I honestly don't see anything incredible about this idea at all. As previously said, birds are known to have regional accents, fact. Why would it be any different for any other animal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here