Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£20m Palace bid for over-rated striker

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Was going to ask if he is worth £20 million as that figure is always been mentioned. £20 million for a player who's contract runs out in 11 months time.

If I were a fan of any of the clubs trying to buy him I'd be disappointed in any figure over £6/7 million.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Was going to ask if he is worth £20 million as that figure is always been mentioned. £20 million for a player who's contract runs out in 11 months time.

If I were a fan of any of the clubs trying to buy him I'd be disappointed in any figure over £6/7 million.

I imagine any bid mentioned that is 20 million is massively wide of the mark.

10/12 million is more realistic.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Think Berahino has a lot of talent. He's not had a good couple of years due to the issues he's had at West Brom but, if he signs for someone, he could be a good signing. Doubt he'll sign for Palace. Stoke are interested and would be a more attractive proposition for him (especially as much nearer to West Brom). Think he'll either go there or stay at West Brom.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Think Berahino has a lot of talent. He's not had a good couple of years due to the issues he's had at West Brom but, if he signs for someone, he could be a good signing. Doubt he'll sign for Palace. Stoke are interested and would be a more attractive proposition for him (especially as much nearer to West Brom). Think he'll either go there or stay at West Brom.

You are not wrong at all, i thought he was sensational when he first burst on to the scene, his biggest problem is his attitude not his ability. For what he has achieved so far, he still has a LOT to prove, he'd be better staying put and finally showing what he can do.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You are not wrong at all, i thought he was sensational when he first burst on to the scene, his biggest problem is his attitude not his ability. For what he has achieved so far, he still has a LOT to prove, he'd be better staying put and finally showing what he can do.

He's basically Defoe

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Agree with the first part. Think he probably needs to leave West Brom now as his issues there have got in the way of his talent. A move will help him but agree he'll have a lot to prove. If the next move doesn't work out, he's going to be in danger of wasting his talent.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I thought their fans were on here crowing about their £30mill signing of Benteke a little while back, whatever happened to that deal.
Perhaps he didn't fancy playing in the slumb known as Selhurst Park.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I rate Berahino, I think he needs a move though, someone like Everton or Southampton.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Has he been badly treated at West Brom? If he is so good, surely they would be playing him?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
IPerhaps he didn't fancy playing in the slumb known as Selhurst Park.

I'm pretty sure this is the problem with most of their 'big name' signings.

I felt so sorry for poor Adebayor. Such a distinguished career and then he is wrongly advised by his agent to sign for Palace; no wonder he put no effort in. What a come down.

Then there is Cabeye, you can't help but feel total anguish for the fellow as he thought he was signing for a Premier League team but ends up in a decrepit stadium that would struggle to grace a Sunday league. Then, to add insult to injury, he sees the ball sailing over him time and time again as Pardew plays dull, old fashioned, percentage hoof ball in search of set pieces and goals on the break. How they survived last season is still a huge shock.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He needs careful handling from a manager who knows how to press his buttons. That's patently isn't Tony Pulis. I doubt it would be Alan Pardew either. He could be a good wildcard signing for someone like Jurgen Klopp or Ronald Koeman though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here