Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
maenpaa-l229-3201230_613x460.jpg

Niki Maenpaa
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 23rd July 2016
by James Hilsum
The Finnish shot-stopper is aiming to return back to winning ways.
We have to look to bounce back and raise our levels in both games."
Niki Maenpaa
Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper Niki Maenpaa is pleased to get some regular game time for the side, but stressed the need to bounce back after a 3-0 pre-season friendly defeat to Fulham on Tuesday.

The Finland international spoke ahead of Saturday’s double header with Luton and Stevenage and insists the team must improve their performances at the weekend.
He said, “The game against Fulham didn’t go how we wanted it to and we didn’t play so well. We have to look to bounce back and raise our levels in both games.
“We have two games and hope that a lot of players get some minutes, as it’s important for our preparation.
“For me personally, last season I played in a few pre-season and cup games, so it’s really important for me to get some rhythm because that’s the only way I can prove myself.
“I’m just trying to do as much as I can every day and work hard. Stocko [David Stockdale] played really well last season and I’m just trying to make the gap between us smaller and smaller.
“I want to make it as difficult as possible for the manager and coaching staff to decide who’s starting.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The 31-year-old also praised the progress of under-21 keepers Bailey Vose and Robert Sanchez, with both in and around the first-team squad during pre-season.
“I saw Bailey first because he trained with us when we got back from holiday. Robert was with us at the training camp and did well. They have both just come up from the under-18s, so they have a new challenge with the under-21s now.
“They’re both really good keepers and I think they will have good competition at under-21 level too.”
Maenpaa and his team-mates will see former Albion first-team coach Nathan Jones in the Luton dugout, but insisted the performance and result are the most important objectives in both games.
“It’s always nice to see some old faces, but we can’t be focused on that and we need to produce a good performance and hopefully get a result too.
“It will probably be a little bit different to the Fulham game, but they [Luton and Stevenage] are two good teams and we need to have full focus to get two good results.”The new Brighton & Hove Albion away kit is out now. Click here to purchase yours!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here