Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
rosenior-fulham-l229-3196802_613x460.jpg

Liam Rosenior
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 21st July 2016
by James Hilsum
The experienced defender was delighted to stand in for Bruno.
I know Bruno is the club captain and he’s a fantastic guy and a fantastic captain, but to be named skipper for the game was a huge honour."
Liam Rosenior
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Liam Rosenior reflected on his role as captain for the pre-season friendly against Fulham.
The defender led out the side in the first half of the game and even though it was only a friendly, the experienced full-back was delighted to don the armband.
He said, “I know Bruno is the club captain and he’s a fantastic guy and a fantastic captain, but to be named skipper for the game was a huge honour."Though the result wasn’t great, even in pre-season, it was an absolute honour to be named captain.
“I felt immeasurably better than I did against Crawley and it’s amazing how quickly you pick up your fitness playing these games."
The 31-year-old feels that plenty can be taken from the Fulham game, despite a frustrating 3-0 defeat and he highlighted the benefits of playing a team from the same league in pre-season.
“It was a hot day and a hot evening, but an invaluable experience for us. The result didn’t go according to plan and we need to pick our levels up now. We’ve got four games before the start of the season and knowing the players as I do, we’ll pick our levels up again on Saturday.
“It’s unusual in this league, but in the Premier League you’ll see a lot of teams playing each other [in pre-season] and I think it’s a good exercise because you’re playing against players that you’ll be coming up against during the season.
“It was a great experience for us and hopefully it sets up for another two hard games against Stevenage and Luton.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

With two games down in pre-season, Rosenior says all the players have a clear mindset going into the season and that there’s a good chemistry in the squad.
“I think we’re in great shape. We kept the team that got so many points last season, we know each other’s games so well now and know what’s expected of us.
“We know what the manager expects from us too and the closer we get to the season, we’ll have more of an idea what the team will be. We know our shape, we know our system, and we’ll hopefully show that in our results this season.”The new Brighton & Hove Albion away kit is out now. Click here to purchase yours!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here