Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest sponsors offer free coach journey to the Amex

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
http://www.nottinghampost.com/notti...or-reds-fans/story-29537735-detail/story.html

Nottingham Forest fans have been offered free coach travel to their first Championship away game of the new season, in Brighton.

The club have teamed up with their new shirt sponsors, 888sport, to lay on eight coaches that will ferry supporters to the south coast, free of charge. The game has been moved forward to allow television coverage on Sky Sports, leaving Reds fans facing one of the longest journeys of the season on a Friday night, on August 12.

But now a large portion of the fans who are likely to make the trip to the Amex Stadium should at least have some of the angst taken out of the trip.

Coach tickets can be claimed from the ticket office at the City Ground from tomorrow (Friday, July 22) at 10am. Alternatively they are available online via the club website at tickets.nottinghamforest.co.uk or via telephone on 0115 982 4388.

Forest went through a similar experience last season, when their opening day game at Brighton was moved forward to a Friday night for television coverage, with Dougie Freedman's side narrowly edged out 1-0 by a second half goal from Lua Lua.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would have been nice if the club had done it for the Forest away game last season that was switched to the Monday night

Losing £11m a season blah…must drive down costs in all areas...blah…all helps towards competitive playing budget…etc…must look for savings across the business…blah…very carefully considered at board level...blah...sorry for the late reply…etc

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Would have been nice if the club had done it for the Forest away game last season that was switched to the Monday night

It's the sponsors, not the club. Maybe American Express could put their hands in their pockets?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The bit that stands out for me is " one of the longest trips of the season". They have it easy in the midlands don't they.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The bit that stands out for me is " one of the longest trips of the season". They have it easy in the midlands don't they.

Hah, yes I clocked that as well. I don't even consider Nottingham being a particularly long trip. Always been a bit envious of those midland/northern clubs who have a whole stack of awaydays every season just within an hour or two's travel.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember the days when Forest would have sold out their allocation and more and have no need to tempt people by laying on coaches. Things change when you're not European Champions. I met loads of Forest fans living in Brighton back then, wonder who they support now. Maybe it's the Albion :smile:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone remember the days when Forest would have sold out their allocation and more and have no need to tempt people by laying on coaches. Things change when you're not European Champions. I met loads of Forest fans living in Brighton back then, wonder who they support now. Maybe it's the Albion :smile:

Yep, used to work with a couple in Haywards Heath back in the early 90s who were STHs.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Leicester?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here