Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test: England v Pakistan, Old Trafford

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Toss and team news imminent......

Will England play 2 spinners, who will drop out if they do? If not, will it be Ali or Rashid?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think Finn was dropped from the 14 man squad a couple of days ago. Ball too.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Teams:

England

AN Cook*, AD Hales, JE Root, JM Vince, GS Ballance, BA Stokes, JM Bairstow†, MM Ali, CR Woakes, SCJ Broad, JM Anderson

Pakistan

Mohammad Hafeez, Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed†, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Rahat Ali, Yasir Shah

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cook will b very relieved the toss. They'll be scared enough of Yasir on the OT pitch. At least they won't be batting last on it*

*probably...

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
1st life for Hales. An edge went like a rocket through the fielders fingers at gully.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hales gets a life... dropped at gully on 6.

Then CLEAN BOWLED 3 balls later by Mohammad Amir :nono:

25-1 (7 overs)

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Doesn't survive that though

Hales b Amir 10

Eng 25/1

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That swung in, Hales stuck on the crease, went through a pretty massive gap between bat and pad, and smashed off stump out of the ground. Well bowled, but feeble from Hales.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quality bowling. Could have had him 3 times in that over. He could see Hales struggle reading the previous delivery, then sticks the next one right on the money. Impressive stuff, poor from Hales though as his foot movement just disappeared.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hales is useless there is an answer as I have been saying but the selectors wont do it.

Trescothick isn't even interested in batting for England again. Perhaps you should read his book and try to understand why that is, and why he hasn't returned.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Root to open. Ballance at 3 and create space for another bowler. Ball was very unlucky to be left out imho.

Thought I read somewhere though that Root's average gets lower almost in direct proportion to the higher in the order he goes. There was some consternation even moving him up to 3 let alone opening again,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hales is useless there is an answer as I have been saying but the selectors wont do it.

Hales has a Test average of 30, so the jury is certainly still out. Useless he isn't.

Is 'the answer' you've been saying, to recall the 40-something Marcus Trescothick, or have I missed a sensible one?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here