Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not playing Hemed, Stephens and Kayal could be key

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last season these three were magnificent for us.

However, with a couple of minor exceptions these players were almost ever present. We flogged them through game after game, including when their form dropped and I would be stunned if they didn't also have to play through knocks last season. When we had our poor run at Xmas they all looked dead on their feet.

I still believe we need one more quick striker, but with Sidwell to share time with Stephens and Kayal and Murray with Hemed, I think there's every chance that we will see even better performances from these three given time to rest and find form when they need it.

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I am worried that these three will not be with us by 1 September - and without them, we can forget about automatic promotion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am worried that these three will not be with us by 1 September - and without them, we can forget about automatic promotion.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it as I think the chances us selling all three are negligible. Possibility of one going (although I don't think they will), but definitely not three

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Expect Dunk, Knocky, Skalak and Rosenior to be away by mid-August too - we might as well give up until 2017-18, and hope it's not League 1 we're trying to get out of!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can see it now.. The Albion are 1-0 up when CH makes a 75th minute sub taking off one of the three players you mention for Murray/Sidwell/A.N Other, the game ends 1-1.

"Why did he take him off? He was running the game."
"Terrible subs today."
"CH has to take responsibility for that."
"Games are 90 minutes, not 75."
"We invited pressure for no reason."

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Expect Dunk, Knocky, Skalak and Rosenior to be away by mid-August too - we might as well give up until 2017-18, and hope it's not League 1 we're trying to get out of!

You forgot Goldson,March and Stockdale

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not sure Stephens will be here come next week let alone next season

We'll see. Hughton has said he will be involved in one of the friendlies tomorrow. If he's not, that becomes a more realistic possibility.

If I was Hughton, I'd play Stephens in the later friendly just to build tension. Luton team announced, people comment on Stephens absence, "sure he's set to leave" etc. Then they realise there's another friendly later!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

We'll be lucky to be playing at the top end of that division. I say if we're not in the conference by the 19/20 season I'll be surprised.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We'll be lucky to be playing at the top end of that division. I say if we're not in the conference by the 19/20 season I'll be surprised.

We are doomed I tell yer....doomed.
After 89 points, 5 league defeats all season and a list of injuries that you would be unlucky to get over three whole seasons, there is no hope. None at all. I've got the bottle of pills ready. The signs are there pre-season. Shambolic performances, players want out....its hopeless....a lost cause. Out of the League Cup in August, the FAC in January and relegated by early April.
Doomed I tell yer......doomed.
( ps....on a sensible note, we are certs for top six and still a good bet for top two )

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Many years ago a friend of mine was "en deshabille" with a young lady in Phuket. After a surprisingly lengthy encounter she departed after christening him "long-time-no-cum-sweaty-bollocks"

I am reminded of the story because I thought the last part of it might be an appropriate reworking of your name :blush:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Last season these three were magnificent for us.

However, with a couple of minor exceptions these players were almost ever present. We flogged them through game after game, including when their form dropped and I would be stunned if they didn't also have to play through knocks last season. When we had our poor run at Xmas they all looked dead on their feet.

I still believe we need one more quick striker, but with Sidwell to share time with Stephens and Kayal and Murray with Hemed, I think there's every chance that we will see even better performances from these three given time to rest and find form when they need it.

Flogged them :lol: :lol:

Poor darlings having to do at most two games a week! Multiple season breaks as well!

More of the same please. :)

Interrogate him about anything Albion

Had the pleasure of sitting next to him for 3 hours. What a lovely guy. Very unassuming loves Brighton, the fans, has great respect for the manager & says that there is really great team spirit with no prima donnas at the club. He's not going anywhere. No news really which is good news!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
No way we are going to sell more than one of these. However as suggested without emergency loans we will need more cover for injuries, particularly to these key players. We started last season with a great run without injuries. This time we already have possible problems in central defense.

We mustn't forget that the defining moments of last season were the defensive injuries in December and lack of cover on the run in (although no strategy could ever cover 4 injuries in one game!).

We have a tough start and still need to strengthen. There is time but not much if we are going to avoid dropping early points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here