NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The MIGHTY Aberdeen have made it through

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The MIGHTY Aberdeen have made it through

Also, I believe Celtic sprung a huge shock by knocking out Lincoln Red Imps yesterday.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Also, I believe Celtic sprung a huge shock by knocking out Lincoln Red Imps yesterday.

It must have been an epic night, turning that tie on its head. I wonder if the DVD is out yet.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Celtic won last night despite all the ridicule of the 1st game. England v Iceland ? that was a nightmare

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The MALTESER press are really CROSS that things were that close.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Now that Kazakhstan's FC Astana will play Celtic they've given Borat a call to see if he's available.

"WE BANG ON HIS CAGE! YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS!, YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS! LA! LA! LA! LA!"

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hearts 1-2 Birkirkara (MALTA) and OUT of the Europa League plus HIBS knocked out too by Brondby

Are there any DEPTHS they can't SINK to ?

Probably have more chance in an election than Jeremy mind.......

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Having watched a lot of Football in Malta over the years this is a massive result for The Stripes ,I did say on the Celtic thread they would give Hearts a good game . Scottish Football is awful these days .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just to put this in perspective the population of Birkirkara is the same as Rottingdean.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When you are OLD enough to leave school you may well thank the likes of Jeremy Corbyn who have campaigned for youngsters like you to be able to achieve a well paid job as well as being able to get decent , low cost housing.

Very nearly right, but I think you'll find it is more likely to be a low paid job, and well cost housing. And as you can see, my grammar is already disintegrating in anticipation :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Celtic snatched a late equaliser through Leigh Griffiths to earn a 1-1 draw with the mighty Astana of Kazakhstan.

I suppose they had a long flight, five hour time difference, the heat and a bumpy pitch to contend with. No other excuses though, Brendan? ???

Wouldn't surprise me if they cock up the home leg next week.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Celtic snatched a late equaliser through Leigh Griffiths to earn a 1-1 draw with the mighty Astana of Kazakhstan.

I suppose they had a long flight, five hour time difference, the heat and a bumpy pitch to contend with. No other excuses though, Brendan? ???

Wouldn't surprise me if they cock up the home leg next week.

In fairness Astana did draw with Benfica, Atletico Madrid and Galatasaray at home in the group stage of last seasons Champions League.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
A 1-1 draw in Kazakhstan against a team that played in the Champions League group stage last season is a very decent result for Celtic. They are invariably strong at Parkhead and so should finish the job in the 2nd leg.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Just to put this in perspective the population of Birkirkara is the same as Rottingdean.

Population sizes are irrelevant really. Portugal won the Euros this summer with a population of 10 million. Wales made the semis with a population of 3 million. Meanwhile, Turkey and Ukraine were eliminated in the group stage with populations of 75 million and 45 million respectively.

Monaco got to the 2004 Champions League final and there's less than 40,000 people there and I imagine there are more people who sail yachts than play football who live there. Population sizes are a massive red herring.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Population sizes are irrelevant really. Portugal won the Euros this summer with a population of 10 million. Wales made the semis with a population of 3 million. Meanwhile, Turkey and Ukraine were eliminated in the group stage with populations of 75 million and 45 million respectively.

Monaco got to the 2004 Champions League final and there's less than 40,000 people there and I imagine there are more people who sail yachts than play football who live there. Population sizes are a massive red herring.
Indeed,they're a red herring. Scotland think of themselves as a 'small' nation but in fact with a population of about 5 million they're bigger than the likes or Uruguay (about 3 million) and Uruguay have won the World Cup twice. The Soviet Union for all its size never won a World Cup.

Once you get over *licks finger" a couple of hundred thousand it ceases to be a real factor. In fact one could argue that bigger populations become a bit of a hindrance as you end up with about twenty or so players who are all much of a muchness and you end up chopping and changing to try and find a good team. And no matter how big your population you're only allowed to have eleven of them on the pitch at any one time!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here