Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Daily Mail online is a strange beast of click bait. All the moral values that the paper publication seem to champion are lost in a sea of gossip and celebrity.

And the page reporting the mayhem has a link to this important bit of news . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...age-teeny-tennis-skirt-silver-bikini-top.html

That said, the actual original event, which has been turned into a freak show by 'dilution' by the Mail, is very concerning. Who'd be in the forces these days, with a chance of being subjected to (well, who knows what? Not good) this, when going for a private run? Meanwhile, folk like us emote on a football board while the square root of **** all is being done about the poison out there. How unbelievably complacent this sounds, now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_history

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
And the page reporting the mayhem has a link to this important bit of news . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...age-teeny-tennis-skirt-silver-bikini-top.html

That said, the actual original event, which has been turned into a freak show by 'dilution' by the Mail, is very concerning. Who'd be in the forces these days, with a chance of being subjected to (well, who knows what? Not good) this, when going for a private run? Meanwhile, folk like us emote on a football board while the square root of **** all is being done about the poison out there. How unbelievably complacent this sounds, now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_history

OK so that story to which you refer is in the same paper -so what? Did the paper link it to RAF Marham? How do you know nothing is being done - how can you possibly be in a position to make such a statement?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Righty O, gamble time. I have not yet read the thread, but I await the 'but the Police say it may or may not be terrorism related' type comments.

Always a prime target for muggers, servicemen out running with no wallet etc on their person, NOT!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

OK so that story to which you refer is in the same paper -so what? Did the paper link it to RAF Marham? How do you know nothing is being done - how can you possibly be in a position to make such a statement?

The original article was about the event. The page had links to trivia. That doesn't seem right to me. That was my first point.

Correct, I know nothing about what is being done. But that does not mean something (effective) is being done. About wild fire atrocities, I mean. Given that they keep happening, I suggest that if something is being done, it isn't working (well enough).

But I have no idea what can and should be done, either. I find it all frightening and depressing. Any suggestions? I'm not demanding that you provide any, by the way. :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Righty O, gamble time. I have not yet read the thread, but I await the 'but the Police say it may or may not be terrorism related' type comments.

Always a prime target for muggers, servicemen out running with no wallet etc on their person, NOT!

Quite.

I'm guessing the Police cannot state was is obvious to everyone until it's, well, evidently obvious beyond doubt. I guess their version of 'beyond doubt' has to be a bit stricter than ours.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bloody Muslims!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Quite.

I'm guessing the Police cannot state was is obvious to everyone until it's, well, evidently obvious beyond doubt. I guess their version of 'beyond doubt' has to be a bit stricter than ours.

Are you suggesting that Police should call it out as terrorism despite their not being enough evidence to do so? Perhaps the police should do this in other situations too.

Personally i am glad that the police's version of beyond reasonable doubt is stricter than yours.

Still, may as well leap to conclusions to fit the narrative.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are you suggesting that Police should call it out as terrorism despite their not being enough evidence to do so? Perhaps the police should do this in other situations too.

Personally i am glad that the police's version of beyond reasonable doubt is stricter than yours.

Still, may as well leap to conclusions to fit the narrative.
It may well not be an act of Islamic terrorism. But what is it that makes you want it not to be Islamic so much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here