Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hambo, Harper and March

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Skalak, Murray, Hemed Knockaert for me

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
This is obviously the way the club is thinking and the reason they've spent so much on the training facilities and extensive recruitment to the younger age groups. I'd love to see them come through the ranks, that team spirit and philosophy will be there already and should be a natural progression from the U21/U23 to the first team. I think we need a couple of defensive signings still, but I don't think we'll see the star signings some are calling for.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Skalak is pretty normal until the ball comes within 30 yards of him then he's

squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

Love it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not that firm of Solicitors up by the Seven Dials but my idea of a (hopeful) forward line this season.......

Yoof mate, it's the footure!

TNBA

TTF

I admire your optimism, but the fact that we have never once in our history developed a striker of any note through our ranks has me doubting that we're suddenly going to have 2 on our hands who can be pitched in at this level and do the business.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I admire your optimism, but the fact that we have never once in our history developed a striker of any note through our ranks has me doubting that we're suddenly going to have 2 on our hands who can be pitched in at this level and do the business.

I can still see Danny Marney and Shaun Wilkinson up top in this division in the early 2000's

*Shudder*

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I tend to agree, but now we have an expensive academy and a lot of raw talent coming through the doors I'm certain we'll get someone half decent eventually,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tend to agree, but now we have an expensive academy and a lot of raw talent coming through the doors I'm certain we'll get someone half decent eventually,

I hope you're right. I know we're importing talent as well, but wouldn't it be fantastic if we could actually have a SUSSEX lad make the grade as a striker here ? Probably won't happen in my lifetime though. It hasn't yet.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I hope you're right. I know we're importing talent as well, but wouldn't it be fantastic if we could actually have a SUSSEX lad make the grade as a striker here ? Probably won't happen in my lifetime though. It hasn't yet.
By make the grade, you mean more than competant at Championship/Premier League level?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the fact that we have never once in our history developed a striker of any note through our ranks

Tommy Cook: more than 100 goals, played for England

It was, admittedly, more than 80 years ago but we have done it once

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I do LOVE Skalak, such a character must bring so much energy to the dressing room. Also looks like would kidnap your family to get what he wants. I like that.

Give him time, needs to improve his touch. But can't wait to see March back challenging! So much attack!!!!!!!! Hambo looks the real deal, surely deserves a call up?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here