Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ's - May has absolutely torn Corbyn to shreds

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I thought she was extremely competent and whilst mostly businesslike there were moments of humour. JC was pretty inept tbh but that's par for the course.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Just catching up with it now, she doesn't appear to me to be referring to notes too much (apart from when recalling detail and figures).

The look of the opposition front bench and those behind says it all!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can only beat what's in front of you, but it's all good practice until she has to face some decent opposition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Corbyn barked on about the same things he always does.

It's almost like he has........principles that he sticks to, or something.

He doesn't get this whole politics game. You're meant to be a horrible, two-faced self-serving ****. Lots of them are much better at it than him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thatcher mark 2....unions and labour's nightmare

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone else watch PMQ's today? Theresa May was absolutely on fire whilst Corbyn barked on about the same things he always does.

Like asking what the government is doing for working parents who earn less than the cost of childcare as we reach the summer holidays? Asking about workers rights? Silly old beggar. Doesn't he know the government aren't interested in such things.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Just catching up with it now, she doesn't appear to me to be referring to notes too much (apart from when recalling detail and figures).

The look of the opposition front bench and those behind says it all!

I think most of the opposition front bench will be pleased to see Corbyn not looking up to it! They want him gone more than Theresa should. My guess is Owen Smith (who also impresses me) won't be as easy to Bully.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
May had the chance to start afresh and introduce the new type of politics she promised in her " Unity Party ' speech....Looks like that isn't going to happen after all. We now have Dave in a Dress ... I suppose the sad gloating is the one thing Tories are united about ..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
May had the chance to start afresh and introduce the new type of politics she promised in her " Unity Party ' speech....Looks like that isn't going to happen after all. We now have Dave in a Dress ... I suppose the sad gloating is the one thing Tories are united about ..

You might have hoped she could rise above petty point scoring. Alas no, but Corbyn does seemingly make himself a target for the retorts. John Smith was able to tear into Major through harsh criticism leading to a rhetorical question he knew Major would need to wriggle out of. He wouldn't have allowed May the luxury of just point scoring against Labour.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Like asking what the government is doing for working parents who earn less than the cost of childcare as we reach the summer holidays?.

Oh, you mean that you didn't realise this in advance and budget for it accordingly over previous weeks etc. Bloody annual school summer holidays sneaking up on people every year, invisible till the last moment and then AMBUSH!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Didn't watch it. Did she actually answer any of the questions or just to stick to media friendly quips?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You might have hoped she could rise above petty point scoring. Alas no, but Corbyn does seemingly make himself a target for the retorts. John Smith was able to tear into Major through harsh criticism leading to a rhetorical question he knew Major would need to wriggle out of. He wouldn't have allowed May the luxury of just point scoring against Labour.
Agreed, the death of John Smith is a tragedy for the nation...I remember how he shredded Major the week after The Grand National debacle....Corbyn makes the mistake of not following up his initial questions.

How is the government allowed to trot out the same tripe about "their " record on the economy when we accept Food Banks are needed and thousands of workers are on dodgy contracts that avoid employers paying sick pay and holiday pay?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't watch it. Did she actually answer any of the questions or just to stick to media friendly quips?
Oh come on, do get a little bit politically savvy! The clue is in the title: Prime Minister's Questions. Where does it (or has it ever) mentioned anything about answers?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here