Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Too Hot To Sleep Thread

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yet in wintertime my Mrs will insist on having the heating at 20 degrees! (or even higher if I'm out)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ridiculously warm and humid down here tonight, warmer than last night because it clouded over this evening which is keeping all the heat in.
Going to get up and sit outside for a while as I love these very rare warm still Mediterranean nights but not to try and sleep in though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not even going to try to sleep.

I have a 500w patio light on in the garden. I will spend the night catching moths, identifying them, and training them to do battle in a kind of real-life Pokemon game, but with tragic insect consequences.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The new place I bought last Oct happened to have air con in the bedroom. "What an indulgence", I thought. Yesterday and tonight, I'm no longer so sure. I def wouldn't install it, but seeing as I already have it, it's very pleasant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was actually fine in the end last night. There was quite a breeze that whipped up, so I just had the small top windows open at the front and back of the house, left the bedroom door open, and a marvellous breeze blew straight through. Curtains billowing and everything. Lovely.

Jul 7, 2003
We have had a combined ceiling fan / light in the bedroom for years. When it gets warm it makes such a difference as it keeps the air moving enough to sleep comfortably. Well worth the investment.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We have had a combined ceiling fan / light in the bedroom for years. When it gets warm it makes such a difference as it keeps the air moving enough to sleep comfortably. Well worth the investment.

Agree with that.
To be fair they look a bit crap but I like the breeze they produce.
Air con is fine if it's quiet but more often than not they rattle whereas the ceiling fan is like a mouses fart.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Finally got my three year old to sleep tonight after 2 dreadful nights. Staying next to a sheep farm so the shite ton of flies that came with the hot weather didnt help. Bloody wales!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here