Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson you total tool

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Never seen the likes of it before a total and utter humiliation.
If you don't know what I am on about then watch tonight's news where he was speaking with John Kerry and the American press, stop it now and find someone better who can represent us, anyone but Boris, and he could have been PM, the mind boggles.

This is not an anti Tory pro Lanour thread but is there anyone out there that did not squirm all the way through it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you don't know what I am on about then watch tonight's news where he was speaking with John Kerry and the American press, stop it now and find someone better who can represent us, anyone but Boris, and he could have been PM, the mind boggles.

This is not an anti Tory pro Lanour thread but is there anyone out there that did not squirm all the way through it?

He's an educated man, too. It beggars belief :facepalm:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I saw Johnson this morning about 6:30 when out running. He was jogging in the opposite direction with three security officers.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
rhodesia.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I totally agree. It was absolutely toe-curling.

I've never seen a politician so out of his depth that he was desperately clinging to the hollow words of a (clearly mortified) John Kerry, who was doing his level best to try and bail him out, and help him retain some modicum of credibility in the face of a grilling. Johnson's "charming bumbling" persona simply will not cut it at this level. He was lost for words and floundering, it was utterly embarrassing. I honestly can't remember ever seeing a more humiliating press conference.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Johnson twice referred to the crisis in Egypt, but was believed to be referring to Turkey.

He came under strongest attack from American journalists who asked him if he was going to apologise to world leaders for his past insults, including to Barack Obama, and whether other politicians could trust him.

Johnson, holding the press conference in the Foreign Office, said: “We can spend an awfully long time going over lots of stuff that I’ve written over the last 30 years … all of which in my view have been taken out of context, through what alchemy I do not know – somehow misconstrued that it would really take me too long to engage in a full global itinerary of apology to all concerned.”

He added: “There is a rich thesaurus of things that I have said that have one way or the other I don’t know how that has been misconstrued. Most people when they read these things in their proper context can see what was intended, and indeed virtually everyone I have met in this job understands that very well particularly on the international scene. We have very serious issues before us today we have an unfolding humanitarian crisis in Syria that is getting worse. We have a crisis in Yemen that is intractable and a burgeoning crisis on Egypt and those are to my mind far more important than any obiter dicta you may have disinterred from 30 years of journalism.”

:facepalm:

Weapons grade waffle. Oh gawd.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

He added: “There is a rich thesaurus of things that I have said that have one way or the other I don’t know how that has been misconstrued.

I was going to post more or less the same. Just wanted to highlight THAT line though.

But, ooh tee hee hee, isn't he just SO amusing!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was going to post more or less the same. Just wanted to highlight THAT line though.

But, ooh tee hee hee, isn't he just SO amusing!

"obiter dicta"

- if you're on the ropes, randomly insert an obscure bit of latin to sound REALLY clever...

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
What was wrong with what he said?

Did you not like the idea of peace in Syria or Yemen or a more involved UK internationally?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This made me laugh.

Quote:
.My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive.”

BJ allegedly
:lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Imagine if the Jezza mob were in charge.
It would have been Emily Thornberry up there

at least Boris actually likes this place unlike that sneering vile cow

1416611095395_Image_galleryImage_Emily_Thornberry_nrochest.JPG

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I don't see what all the criticism is about myself. Sounds more like a bunch of Remainers that still have a bitter taste in the mouth from the referendum result.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I don't see what all the criticism is about myself. Sounds more like a bunch of Remainers that still have a bitter taste in the mouth from the referendum result.

If you seriously don't believe that was an embarrassment and his speech was fine, I'm shocked. Though he's clearly been Hair managed by PM's office, his standing on the podium with his hands stuffed in his pockets was positively chav. If he lasts the year out as Foreign Minister I'll be shocked. What was the PM thinking of giving him that job, other than "if you give him enough rope".

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
What was wrong with what he said?

Did you not like the idea of peace in Syria or Yemen or a more involved UK internationally?

Substance is not as important as delivery. He's embarrassed people with his bumbling, didn't you know?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
If you seriously don't believe that was an embarrassment and his speech was fine, I'm shocked. Though he's clearly been Hair managed by PM's office, his standing on the podium with his hands stuffed in his pockets was positively chav. If he lasts the year out as Foreign Minister I'll be shocked. What was the PM thinking of giving him that job, other than "if you give him enough rope".
Well that remains to be seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here