Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antony Knockaert

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Inevitable really considering how good he is, surprised there hasn't been more interest....

http://www.footmercato.net/breves/info-fm-toulouse-s-interesse-a-knockaert_182558

Google translation:

Toulouse is ambitious this season, and Pascal Dupraz , the coach did not fail to know. He goes for it needs to replace some weight starters like Ben Yedder (currently still there) or Regattin . Reportedly, the Téfécé interested in Anthony Knockaert .

The French , attacking midfielder capable of playing on either wing , is now moving to Brighton in English second division , after experiments at Standard Liege , Leicester and Guingamp. Aged 24 , he is under contract until 2019 with Brighton.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my hovercraft is full of eels

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Inevitable really considering how good he is, surprised there hasn't been more interest....

http://www.footmercato.net/breves/info-fm-toulouse-s-interesse-a-knockaert_182558

Google translation:

Toulouse is ambitious this season, and Pascal Dupraz , the coach did not fail to know. He goes for it needs to replace some weight starters like Ben Yedder (currently still there) or Regattin . Reportedly, the Téfécé interested in Anthony Knockaert .

The French , attacking midfielder capable of playing on either wing , is now moving to Brighton in English second division , after experiments at Standard Liege , Leicester and Guingamp. Aged 24 , he is under contract until 2019 with Brighton.

Offer enough and they'll get him. Isn't that exactly how we got him? He'd only been at Standard for a few months and I think their fans were understandably VERY pissed off.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Not for sale

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Offer enough and they'll get him. Isn't that exactly how we got him? He'd only been at Standard for a few months and I think their fans were understandably VERY pissed off.

Hey Icy . Do you think we can hang on to *any* of our decent players ? #halfemptyagain

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
But he seems so happy here! I reckon even if they offer enough (which they won't) then he'll turn them down anyway. #fingerscrossed

I just can't see us accepting anything less than £10m for him, which Toulouse wouldn't be able to afford.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
I sincerely hope that he begins the season in the same vein as he commenced his Albion career, I felt that his form tapered off a little as 2015/2016 reached a climax.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I sincerely hope that he begins the season in the same vein as he commenced his Albion career, I felt that his form tapered off a little as 2015/2016 reached a climax.

Did you not watch that first 30 minutes of the playoff home leg against Wednesday - it was quite simply one of the best performances by a Brighton player I have ever seen - and 4 days earlier he had been stretchered off!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hey Icy . Do you think we can hang on to *any* of our decent players ? #halfemptyagain

Really depends on how much we get offered for them doesn't it? Silly money and we'll lose a couple. C'est la vie for small clubs.

Don't remember any player since Johnny Byrne who has said he wants to stay here when the big money comes knocking.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Did you not watch that first 30 minutes of the playoff home leg against Wednesday - it was quite simply one of the best performances by a Brighton player I have ever seen - and 4 days earlier he had been stretchered off!

I don't dispute that particular instance, simply that had he performed as he spectacularly did initially then we'd have gone up automatically.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yep - we're just another wee parochial club, i.e a selling club at the right price.

People seem to think that a "under contract" means not for sale, players will push for lucrative moves, and why not? Silly money isn't always needed to make things happen, just the right amount of it.

Let's not forget, as it stands we achieved nothing more last season, than Blackburn or Fulham for example - and why therefore should our prize assets be any less obtainable for "big" clubs?!? By this I mean we're all still reasonably well supported championship clubs.

He'll be gone sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You make it sound like he was settled and we just came in with a big money offer out of the blue. I think there were other factors.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I don't dispute that particular instance, simply that had he performed as he spectacularly did initially then we'd have gone up automatically.

Agree with your point, but if he'd carried on as he started, and always played at his best he'd be worth about 25 million.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But he seems so happy here! I reckon even if they offer enough (which they won't) then he'll turn them down anyway. #fingerscrossed

I just can't see us accepting anything less than £10m for him, which Toulouse wouldn't be able to afford.
This, in fact.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You make it sound like he was settled and we just came in with a big money offer out of the blue. I think there were other factors.

Yes I'm sure that there were other factors at play. From the little that I understand of it, he missed the hurly-burly of the English league, and probably just as importantly, the riches that a successful career here can bring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here