Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Bruce being interviewed for England job

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Perfectly reasonable manager in fairness. Would be a significant upgrade on the previous incumbent. It'll be Sam though won't it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont understand the point of setting objectives for Hodgson that go against his style, so he fails, then replacing him with another manager with a cautious style. if we want a certain type of football, select a manager that plays that type, not scrape the barrel for any Englishman then instruct him to play a style.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bruce Forsyth would ensure they play a good game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
big Sam's got it by the sounds
don't like him ......................but gets the job done

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
on the day that 3 people are shot dead in Lincolnshire is this appropriate?

Oh ,i'm sorry Lieutenant Columbo have not had the news on , i apologize if i have upset anyone with or without a bedwetting precious disposition as yourself , thanks for pointing it out for me , i hope you figure out what happened soon and let us know what i can and can't post asap .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So depressing when Sam ****ING Allardyce is clearly the best English option.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce? Are either better than Hodgson? Not on paper at least. It's all very well wanting an English manager but there are just no worthwhile options with the possible exception of Hoddle and even then....

I cannot at this point at least see any option other than to look abroad.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If either of these appointments are made, I really fear for the future of English football. Are Messrs Bruce and Alladyce really the best we can do? If they are, we are truly in a bad way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here