Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian doping

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"IOC president Thomas Bach - a friend of Russian president Vladimir Putin - is in a very difficult position. Allow Russia to compete at the Olymipcs, and receive a $100 million dollar goodwill gesture, or ban Russia and then die of a rare heart disease.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you really could not make it up

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I must admit that I was mildly suspicious when that 86 year old Russian track cyclist took bronze in the 10km event at the London Olympics. I think we are all jealous that they have an athlete who can run 100m in under 3 seconds.... or was that a Ferrari Testarossa?

All will be made good when Seb Coe gets elected as IOC Chair........

TNBA

TTF

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
As usual the Russians will refuse to accept that they are in any way responsible and claim to be victims of a political conspiracy and blame the west. They will tell bare faced lies and control the message so completely back home in Russia that their people will believe it all. I find it impossible to believe that Vlad didn't know about this or sanction it yet he will remain untouched by any accusations as his mafia government will simply threaten anyone who dares smear his name through the mud. His latest comments are absurd and laughable; Putin said whistleblower Rodchenkov was "a person with a scandalous reputation". Of course he bloody was Vlad that's why you employed him in that role you stupid tosspot.

After a period of relative openness and freedom following the fall of the Soviet Union, Russia is right back where it was in the dark old days of the cold war. A corrupt untouchable government headed by a tyrant and populated by friends, family and trusted hard men. It rules with an iron fist supported by a fiercely loyal and brutal intelligence network and military apparatus. Russia is happy to be everyone's enemy, they actually thrive on it and it suits their natural Xenophobic outlook. It also serves to make the Russian people ever more insular and in turn loyal to the regime that governs.

Given that this drugs scandal affected every sport in Russia not just the Olympics it follows that Football will undoubtedly feature somewhere along the line. FIFA are far too weak and rudderless right now to have the balls to admit this and that awarding Russia the next WC was corrupt and should not take place. Russia is simply too powerful with so much money to bribe and ultimately far too dangerous to even contemplate stripping them of the WC. It simply won't happen so the WC2018 purchased by Russia will take place in a country of drug cheats supported by a corrupt government in cities and stadiums surrounded by hundreds of violent right wing hooligans who are praised by the press and government for defending the country's honour. I will have no part in it, I hope England implode and fail to qualify so we don't have to take part in FIFAs charade.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Is it right that clean Russian athletes should be banned because of their government's corruption ?

Should be interesting to see which way this goes.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Given the widespread nature of the corruption and official involvement, I would ban all Russian representative sportsmen/women in any sport that requires a drug test . That means taking the World Cup away quickly and reassigning while we still can.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If the Russian footballers at the Euros were on drugs, they weren't taking the right ones.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here