Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GG to Bolton

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Greer was a fabulous buy. We mugged Swindon of there captain for a pathetic 250k. That year they went down.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Our loss is Bolton's gain. GG will do very well for them in League One.

The very best of luck to him if it goes through.

Sadly i disagree. His real lack of pace has become a hindrance in the last couple of years. It was the right decision to move him on.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Unfortunate for Greer that Stubbs left Hibernian before he signed the contract up there. Stubbs wanted to sign him also for Rotherham but Bolton offering more money.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Great move for GG, regular games, good club. All the very best to him, one of my favourite Brighton players ever.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be a great signing for Bolton. Given how he performed in the last three games, I was surprised we didn't offer him a new deal but he may have wanted first team football at this stage of his career.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Pace isn't everything. he did frustrate me with his sideways passes, last season he played the ball forward and looked a lot better.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It was the right time to part ways, however Greer did an exceptional job whilst here.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sadly i disagree. His real lack of pace has become a hindrance in the last couple of years. It was the right decision to move him on.

I don't think his 'lack of pace' particularly hindered us, his tactical awareness nullified that, but I agree he had to go, every player has his day, and 35 is pushing it to hold down a place in the Championship. (Bruno being a notable exception).

One of my favourite players though, and I will always wish him well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here