Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we getting close to bed wetting time?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kayal and Stephens holding out (surely?) on signing new contracts

Very light at CB

No sign of another striker?

Are we going to go down the route of waiting until a month into the season to get the final players in? CH did allude to not having the full squad in place by the start of the season.

Keeping the faith but starting to feel dribbles....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
yes...........to be fair it started the moment the season ended,going to be so hard to go one better than last season,offer me a play-off place now and i will snatch your right arm off...feeling a little negative at our chances.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They will come

But will they turn up week in week out again......was last season a dream with a nightmare ending? My normal half full glass feels empty....it should not,it just does.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Still hopeful that we will see some decent additions before the start of the new season - including our long awaited striker on a permanent deal. Transfers out? Nope I think we'll keep the bulk of the squad together this year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I remember the start of last season certain peeps not rating the squad...how many games unbeaten was it? :whistle:

If Burke was in charge of recruitment I'd be concerned ...but the clubs record over the last 12/15 months re 'additions' has been very good...I might be too chilled about it all..but I'm confident :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember the start of last season certain peeps not rating the squad...how many games unbeaten was it? :whistle:

Be good if we actually knew what the squad is going to be this season. We can hope that Kayal and Stephens stay and we can hope we have a CB and another quality forward lined up. If so we will have a storming season. At what stage is it reasonable to feel concerned that none of the above have been tied up?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Very light at CB

Are we going to go down the route of waiting until a month into the season to get the final players in? CH did allude to not having the full squad in place by the start of the season.

I said pretty much the same, just after the agonising playoff capitulation. Naturally I was utterly shot to shit by the nsc thought police.

"Bollocks Kosh etc." They laughed, well... Who's laughing now?!?

14th-11th at best unless something "tangibly positive" actually happens with the actual first team and f a s t.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We've got a better squad that the one that finished last year. We've lost no one we didn't want to and have signed the one position which cost us getting promotion. Not sure why all the bed wetting. Obviously we'd prefer another couple of players, but, even if we played the season with the squad we had now we would get more points than last year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we need 4 if you include Kayal and Stephens
I don't think Kayal is leaving.

I think Stephens is 'priced to keep'.

And in any case, neither will go until a replacement is signed.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Nearly. We need someone up top to score goals alongside Murray and/or Hemed. Baldock just doesn't score enough but then neither did Ashley Barnes yet so many think he actually deserved a starting spot... Keep hold of what we have and the job is half done, a proper goal scorer is worth spending big on and I'm sure/hope the club are busy in that department.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Very light at CB

Simple answer is no. I'm a little disappointed we've not heard anything about contracts and only made two first team signings. However, I honestly think we've currently got a squad that most teams would be delighted to have in this division. We've also not lost any key players from last season yet (from a squad which got 45 points from the last 20 games last season). Hard to get too annoyed.

Also, I really doubt we'd let Dallison go at this stage if we weren't close to signing a centre back

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We started last season hoping for something a bit better than almost relegated, and expecting little. In the end we were gutted to just miss automatic promotion. The set up that gave us our season, last, is intact. Players come and go. I'm prepared to sleep with a poorly wired electric blanket (well, would be if it weren't so effing hot) in the expectation that there will be no risk of electrocution by any involuntary escapement of wee

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
There will be one more significant signing , like the Knockaert signing of last season , one that raises eyebrows and expectations throughout the whole club , probably a player that has not been mentioned by anybody ......... Maybe .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here