Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Town Friendly

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Terrible game. Great ground. Team looked totally unmotivated. Maybe they were all trying to avoid injury by expending no exertion? Murray looked uninterested and chose to play a 45-yard pass back to the keeper at one point. Luton could have had more.

Fair play to the fans getting a taxi straight to Stevenage after. Was hopeful they'd be rewarded with a better performance but it appears not.

D

Deleted member 2719

Terrible game. Great ground. Team looked totally unmotivated. Maybe they were all trying to avoid injury by expending no exertion? Murray looked uninterested and chose to play a 45-yard pass back to the keeper at one point. Luton could have had more.

Fair play to the fans getting a taxi straight to Stevenage after. Was hopeful they'd be rewarded with a better performance but it appears not.

How was Nathan Jones treated by our faithful?
Have you got any shooting stats?
Where in you opinion did we lose the match?
And finally what you having for tea tonight?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
How was Nathan Jones treated by our faithful?
Have you got any shooting stats?
Where in you opinion did we lose the match?
And finally what you having for tea tonight?

Alright then. NJ got pretty much no reception. He was audibly barking instructions throughout, causing a few of the NSK massive to tell him to pipe down.

Didn't have a shot on target first half. Manu hit the bar in the second.

They wanted it a lot more than us. It's the sort of game we would've won when we were a div three team. And then finished lower half in the ensuing season.

Didn't have anything for tea, was on the piss all day.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
It wasn't great but it was what it was set out to be, to improve fitness.
There was absolutely no sign of the team that would take the field for the regular season, apart from a few first teamers, but throughout the team there was no cohesion as though the teams just hadn't played together, which I don't believe they had.
A goal in the first few seconds after an awful ball by Dunk, which I think, was brought about by lack of understanding with defence, then constant long balls toward Murray, who had two defenders on him the majority of his time on the pitch.
The worst thing of all for me was drunken shouts from one or two of the people in the Albion crown of, "Murray you Palace ****" and "I've paid good money for this rubbish" clearly wouldn't have helped, Friendlies are what they are, for fitness and to take a look at some oft he fringe squad, with two games in a day, it was never going to be a strong team put out, also the conditions were not conducive to run around a lot for a friendly, the term "get stuck in" was used, so how would we all have felt if the players went in for full blooded tackles and got injured, I assume one would then have moaned for making said challenge.
All in all, look for the posited from both games, fitness levels were raised, Bjordal looks better every time I watch him play, Sanchez looked solid when he came on, Harper did another sequence of lovely step overs to beat his man, Kayal was shooting more from outside the box than I've ever seen him do, Skalak put in a couple of good crosses, Bong looked back to his old self, getting up the line.
Be patient and wait for the real football to start and for those who went expecting to see a hatful (like the pun) of goals, probably best to give the Friendlies a miss

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The worst thing of all for me was drunken shouts from one or two of the people in the Albion crown of, "Murray you Palace ****" and "I've paid good money for this rubbish" clearly wouldn't have helped,

Jesus wept...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
It wasn't great but it was what it was set out to be, to improve fitness.
There was absolutely no sign of the team that would take the field for the regular season, apart from a few first teamers, but throughout the team there was no cohesion as though the teams just hadn't played together, which I don't believe they had.
A goal in the first few seconds after an awful ball by Dunk, which I think, was brought about by lack of understanding with defence, then constant long balls toward Murray, who had two defenders on him the majority of his time on the pitch.
The worst thing of all for me was drunken shouts from one or two of the people in the Albion crown of, "Murray you Palace ****" and "I've paid good money for this rubbish" clearly wouldn't have helped, Friendlies are what they are, for fitness and to take a look at some oft he fringe squad, with two games in a day, it was never going to be a strong team put out, also the conditions were not conducive to run around a lot for a friendly, the term "get stuck in" was used, so how would we all have felt if the players went in for full blooded tackles and got injured, I assume one would then have moaned for making said challenge.
All in all, look for the posited from both games, fitness levels were raised, Bjordal looks better every time I watch him play, Sanchez looked solid when he came on, Harper did another sequence of lovely step overs to beat his man, Kayal was shooting more from outside the box than I've ever seen him do, Skalak put in a couple of good crosses, Bong looked back to his old self, getting up the line.
Be patient and wait for the real football to start and for those who went expecting to see a hatful (like the pun) of goals, probably best to give the Friendlies a miss

Was Bjordal the guy at centre-back? The shouts were from people who'd paid to go to two of the worst towns in the world, it would have been nice to see a modicum of effort from the players.

D

Deleted member 2719

Alright then. NJ got pretty much no reception. He was audibly barking instructions throughout, causing a few of the NSK massive to tell him to pipe down.

Didn't have a shot on target first half. Manu hit the bar in the second.

They wanted it a lot more than us. It's the sort of game we would've won when we were a div three team. And then finished lower half in the ensuing season.

Didn't have anything for tea, was on the piss all day.

So the positives we can take is you had a great piss up.:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here