Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Viðar Örn Kjartansson

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We've been scouting Viðar Örn Kjartansson, a 26yo Icelandic striker currently playing for Malmo in Sweden, according to Scandinavian sources on twitter. 96 goals in 210 senior appearances in Iceland, Norway, China & Sweden, and had 9 caps for Iceland.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Will it mean we have to do that Viking chant thing?
Because I'm not sure I'm ok with that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Did he play at the euros?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
For £1m he has got to be worth a chance. Good goalscorers will be able to replicate their movement and finishing ability against anyone it just means the margin of error is much smaller. Personally I'd be happy to see him sign

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Aged 26 and dropped by Iceland? I think I'll pass.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Looks interesting, I would rather went for someone with a proven goalscoring record in England already if possible.
The 1 striker position we have left to fill will be the most important peice of business we do this summer, and for that reason i would like it to be proven quality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His goal ratio is very good 1 in every 2 games in all football and working on the principal that a goalscorer will score goals wherever, although CMS disproved it, I would say if the fee is lowish then go for it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Would be a risk as totally unproven.

Could be ok.

Rather a proven player for big money / statement of intent but if we may not have that option so he is worth a try.

You'd be right to be hopeful but lets face it , this thread will contain both " he will be brilliant etc etc" and "he will be shit etc etc"

We've got Murray in the bag so he may or may not be a 20 goal man.

Something could pay off.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
excuse to give him the big "clap"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here